“No More Travellers's INN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   199 Kenmount Road, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1B 3P9, Canada (Formerly Travellers Inn St. John's)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in St. John's
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nova Scotia
“No More Travellers's INN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a brand new Fairfield and it shows. It has a nice modern design. It is clean, the rooms are smaller, but comfortable and nicely decorated with a great desk system for work.

The breakfast is very good, with REAL scrabbled eggs (no prefabs here) and sausage and home cut potatoes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear NS Canucks:

Thanks for the terrific Trip Advisor posting, much appreciated! We at Fairfield Inn & Suites count on our valued guests to tell us what we're doing right and where there is an opportunity to learn and grow to provide you with an amazing travel experience.

I'm glad we exceeded your expectations!

The FFIS team and I welcome you back soon!

All the best,

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Brand new hotel - only 3 weeks old upon arrival!
Location is about a 20 minute drive from downtown St John's, so you need a car to get around. The big mall, Avalon is close by. Starbucks next door.
As everything was new, it was very clean. No complaints.
Hot and cold breakfast was a bonus.
Pool area has a water slide. Downside, no hot tub.
Lobby area ideal for group meetings

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear BusyMom64:

Thank you for rating Fairfield Inn & Suites, St John's on Trip Advisor. We endure to consistently offer our guests a pleasant environment, friendly associates, and top notch service. Our Confident Service mission is to make things right, make it easy and ensure everything works for our valued guests.

Hope to see you return to our property in the near future! Once again, thank you for those great comments.

Best regards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites, St.John's
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in St. John's is amazing! It's beautiful - clean and classy, from the moment you enter the lobby. The staff are extremely friendly and very accommodating. The hot buffet breakfast is a great perk (included) when going out on the town for the day. My family and I stayed here - the rooms were very clean and spacious (with a very large bathroom - and the bathrobes were such a nice touch!), and I loved that a playpen was provided for our infant daughter. Another bonus was that the beds were super comfy. The pool area is very clean and the pool is lovely. My oldest daughter (and husband) thoroughly enjoyed the waterslide. Honestly, the best hotel I've ever stayed at. We had planned to stay at a competitors hotel downtown St. John's, but made the switch to the Fairfield Inn at the last minute on the advice of an acquaintance and boy are we glad we did! We later went downtown and the streets are so confusing and the waterfront is no place for a family. The location of the Fairfield Inn is ideal - next to the Avalon Mall and other amenities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear JCooper:

Thank you so very much for those kind comments; I will be sure to pass them along to my team!

First impressions are lasting impressions and we consistently strive to meet and exceed our valued guest's expectations each and every day.

Thank you for your business and giving us the opportunity to "WoW" you and your family!!

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Warmest regards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites, St.John's
Brooks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

i decided to book this hotel seeing as how it was new, when i arrived, the front desk staff was very nice, and gave us a tour of the new hotel! the room was very very clean, and had a lot of upgrades compared to other hotels in st. johns, this hotel is NOTHING like the old "travelers inn". i have stayed in every hotel in st. johns (due to work) and i have to say this one is the best so far (especially for the price)! stay here, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Sam S.

Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor Posting! Comments such as these are very inspiring to my team and we sincerely appreciate the feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairfield Inn & Suites, St. John's in the very near future.

Warmest regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Held a training here for a small group, all wen't great! Staff more than accomodating, very clean (brand new) and rooms are sound proof! Highly recommend for hosting any business event! Only down fall was the accessibility crossing the street to get there.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello Daniel Bruce:

Thank you for highly recommending The Fairfield Inn & Suites, St. John's for hosting any business event.
Our meeting professionals take pride ensuring that our guest requirements are taken care of the first time. We want your meeting experience to be second to none in the city; we welcome you back soon!
Although we are situated in a high traffic area the accessibility issue is being worked on by the city to alleviate some of these concerns in the very near future.
I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to my team!

Best regards,

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Firstly, I think it needs pointing out that all reviews prior to 2013 are for the Traveller's Inn, not this one! It might be the same building but it's now been completely renewed and has different owners.
This place is brand spanking new, and I found my room to be spotless, as well as all the public areas.
The only reason I don't give it a 4 is because it's just like any other "box". I stayed in a "King Suite" (and paid handsomely for it!) and to be honest I didn't get the "suite" bit.... it seemed like a normal room with a small, part-partition between the standard size seating area and the bed, so I wouldn't pay the extra again.
The staff were very friendly.
There was all day coffee in the lobby, which is great because the standard two cups in the room don't even wake me up!
Good wifi, plenty of power points, iPhone friendly clock-radio thingy, flat screen tv.... I had 2 because it was a "suite"!
Decor was nice and uplifting.
One gripe... breakfast. About the same standard as economy class airline food, including rubber scrambled eggs.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, although for the money there might be places with a little more character in town.

Room Tip: Ask to see a suite and a standard before booking... the suite might not be worth the extra.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
geedee7,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for clarifying that we are not the old Traveller's Inn! We are actually a brand new build from the ground up!

We have 4 types of guestrooms - King & Queen Standard Rooms as well as King & Queen Executive Suites. All features and amenities are the same in all room types; the benefit of staying in one of our Suites is that you have the additional living room space with the extra tv and sofa bed.

We take pride in offering the highest quality standard so we are pleased to hear you found our staff friendly, the hotel spotless and that you enjoyed our complimentary services. I do apologize, however, that you did not find our breakfast extraordinary.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cyril Russell,
St. John's, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I came here because I knew it was a fairly new hotel so at least the accommodations would be new and not outdated. Front desk staff were polite and at fist glance the room is very nice. However...after the first glance, the carpet did not appear vacuumed and the bathroom was definitely "spot cleaned"... And very quickly at that. The toilet was not flushed, so clearly it was not sanitized, there were hairs on the floor and a make up brush on the floor in the bathroom so obviously it was not swept nor cleaned with some form of cleaner. The glasses that were on the bathroom counter...one as smeared as though it was wiped out with a dirty clothe. I brought the glass to the front desk and was treated with very polite service. I told the attendant all of these things and she said it would be cleaned (as I was going out at that moment). Upon my return, I checked the bathroom, nothing was done except a clean glass now replaced the dirty one. Very sad I think. The pool is nice...a bit small, breakfast is descent and the people working here were nice but he service,especially after all of that was pointed out I think is quite sad.

Room Tip: Ask to view the room prior to checking in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cyril R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
TravelOftenEB, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am pleased to hear you were happy with the front desk staff and that you enjoyed our breakfast service. I would like to apologize, however, for the lack of cleanliness you experienced in your guestroom. I can assure you that this is not indicative of the service we provide. We strive to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests and help them to create stays that are truly memorable.

I have shared your comments with the appropriate departments and am pleased to let you know that we are working on ways to address your concerns.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in
the future.

Cyril Russell,

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland? Share your experiences!