“Yellowbelly Pub” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yellowbelly Brewery & Public House

Yellowbelly Brewery & Public House
288 Water St, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada (Downtown)
709 757-3784
Neighborhood: Downtown
Ottawa, Canada
“Yellowbelly Pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a good meal here on a Thursday night. It was so very full that we had to wait quite a while for a table. The bar area was also full, so we had to wait around , in everyone's way while we had to being on the lookout for a table. It is a very popular, very small restaurant, with great food. The entertainment was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cobourg, Canada
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

On our first night in St. John's the end of May, we went to Y as recommended by parking attendant across from the Keg! Excellent food - pizza, fish and chips - and service!

Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, excellent local beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have eaten here twice on this trip, and ordered their beer in other restaurants. This local brew pub has good food, beer and service, in my experience.

The menu has a good variety on it. I had a beef/mushroom burger (with the patty itself being a mixture of beef and mushroom making for a lighter but entirely tasty patty) with spectacular fries (served with proper malt vinegar). On the other occassion I ordered arancini which also impressed me from the appetizer menu (this was meant to be a light lunch snack but with 6 pieces I found it ample and did not quite finish it, althouhg I wished I could).

Their beers are good. I prefer their Red Ale as I am a darker beer fan but can`t quite manage to eat a meal and drink a stout. My family had their wheat beer for a lighter option and enjoyed it.

I found the service polite and helpful, one one occassion it was very busy and the server did not have time to chat, on the other it was quieter and our server chatted a little and sugggested some places in town to check out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a really great option - beer is good; food is excellent; our service was great. They are a busy, popular local establishment. Food is on the high quality end for pub food - fresh, local, good greens.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Make sure you go! Unique menu items - beer awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Staff were super friendly and helpful. They knew the menu well. There are specials that are good as well. The staff was helpful on GF issues - if they didn't know they found out! e.g. the burger has no filler.

Visited May 2014