“A pleasant surprise near the Sheraton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hungry Heart Cafe

Hungry Heart Cafe
142 Military Road, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada (Downtown)
738-6164
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 306 Restaurants in St. John's
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
St. John's, Canada
“A pleasant surprise near the Sheraton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

When a family member was staying at the nearby Sheraton, we thought we'd try this out for breakfast. We were not disappointed! Food was freshly made, coffee delicious, and nice atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Grand Falls Windsor, Canada
“Second time around ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Having had a good experience on my first visit I was eager to check out the Hungry Heart on a recent visit to St. John's. I wasn't disappointed. My vegetable quiche and Moroccan curried couscous side were both fresh and delicious and we enjoyed friendly, efficient service. The cafe is only open for lunch/brunch and reservations are a must. A strong local following frequent the cafe on a regular basis not only for the quality of its food but because of the service it provides to the community. Hungry Heart cafe employs excellent qualified staff who in turn train individuals who may be temporarily down on their luck. The skills learned provide a great opportunity to succeed in similar establishments once training is complete. A wonderful concept deserving of support. The restaurant's name says it all. Once again .... KUDOS all round! I'll be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Corner Brook
“Impressive menu, impressive price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is by far one of my favorite places to eat in St. Johns. Wonderful service with a gourmet menu at a good price!

Visited February 2013
St. John's, NL, Canada
“Fantastic lunches!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Every time I have lunch at the Hungry Heart Cafe I always wonder why I don't go there more often!! The food is delicious and so flavourful and fresh. In addition to their menu, the daily additions make you want to try more than one meal....
Price is very reasonable for the quality of meals and service. I also like that the cafe is providing employment and life skills for individuals involved with their program.
A little gem-not to be missed!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. John's, Canada
“Delicious locally sourced food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This wonderful little spot in the downtown area serves up delicious food made from locally sourced ingredients. Their menu changes with the seasons and availability. I took my Mom there in July and we both had the Butter Chicken on Naan bread with broccoli and cheese soup. I believe it was $13 pre tax. It was so good!!! The soup was phenomenal and the butter chicken was just with a hint of spice which I like. For $13 it was a lot of food and we certainly did not go away hungry. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

• Visited July 2012