“Fab sushi in Corner Brook” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Corner Brook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese
Ottawa, Canada
“Fab sushi in Corner Brook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The sushi was fab and the staff were friendly. In an interesting location and very reasonably priced.

Visited May 2013

Corner Brook, Canada
“SOme of hte best sush ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Be sure to call ahead to order if you want take out - until this opened, I ate sushi when I traveled - now no need to! Some of the finest is available in Corner Brook !

Visited May 2013
St. John's, Canada
“Unexpected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Though rather ordinary looking from the outside don't be put off, the sushi is quite good. Always fresh, and very creative from old favourites to restaurant invented exclusives all the sushi I've eaten here has been great. The take out trays are of good value though they have to be ordered 24 hours in advance. I love this restaurant though if you are time challenged this may not be the best choice. Though the food is wonderful the service is rather slow........ but worth the wait.

Visited April 2013
yorkshire
“Lovely food but go early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Three of us went for dinner, the others had been before (they live in Corner Brook, I was on holiday) and had been raving about how good it was so I was looking forward to my first visit. It is a small restaurant and all the tablets were taken so we sat at the bar for a drink and to place our order. The menu has plenty of choice, we had tempura vegetables and dumplings to start (excellent) and then three different sushi rolls to share - all were delicious. Everything is made by hand so be prepared to wait for your meal, this isn't fast food but its definitely worth the wait. Its good value for money too.
The only draw back for me was that it doesn't stay open very late and so towards the end of our meal the staff were getting ready to go home - a more leisurely finish would have been nice, hence the recommendation to go earlier in the evening. Would I go again? Absolutely, next time I'm in Corner Brook I'll be going again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“recommended if you have lots of time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

my colleagues and I went over at lunch time. It is a small restaurant and it was full so we had to sit at the bar which was fine. We had our order in within 10 minutes but another 35 minutes later and only some of us had our appetizers. One person got their tempura appetizer but another did not, nor did she get her miso soup. We ended up having to get the rest to go. My edamame was over cooked and mushy. However my lobster roll (the special), when I finally ate it was AMAZING. So mixed reviews.

• Visited April 2013