“Nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had dinner here recently and for the most part everyone enjoyed their meals. The agnolotti was lovely and the scallop special was particularly nice. The soup was a disappointment. Lovely art on the walls from a local artist.

Visited January 2013

London
“Last minute reservation pays off!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Decided last minute to go for supper at ECB and are we ever glad we did. Food was very good and the service was friendly and efficient! The Goatcheese appetizer was great and the sticky toffee desert was a nice way to end a great meal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rothesay, Canada
“My taste buds have been satisfied!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is my 3rd time at East Coast Bistro. Our office Christmas party was also held here and I found the room at the back very fitting for our group of 26. I would even say that you could have accommodated more people.

As for the food… we had Rosemary Roasted Turkey, East Coast Bacon Stuffing, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Maple Glazed Parsnips and Carrots, Citrus-Spice Cranberry Sauce and Sage Turkey Jus. The desert was also “To Die For” (Apple Crisp)

My husband and I have eaten in Fine Dining Restaurants in the Maritimes; Trattoria Della Nonna in Lunenburg, The Press Gang Restaurant in Halifax. These are 4 ½ Star Restaurants and we have found the food at the East Coast Bistro to be comparable in presentation and as appealing to the palate.

I highly recommend this restaurant as “One of our Finest Restaurants” in Saint John.

Good Food, Good Service, Not rushed and reasonably priced. ENJOY!

E. Holmes

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint John, Canada
“Good food, service okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

East Coast Bistro was suggested by friends as a location for my birthday luncheon. Great food and good company is always a wonderful gift! The menu selections were varied, offering many options from light fare such as soups and salads, to sandwiches, to delectable dinner items. I decided on the chicken breast and it did not disappoint. Chicken is often overcooked and rubbery, but the East Coast Bistro cooked it to perfection, accompanied with mouthwatering sides! Wait staff was friendly and accommodating, but we had empty water glasses for most of the meal and empty plates sat in front of us for at least 5 min after we were done. It is not a "quick" location for lunch, taking 1.5 hours to get through our meal and dessert. But if you're not in a hurry, and enjoy amazing food for very reasonable prices - I highly recommend giving East Coast Bistro a try. Oh - a very important note: they serve gluten-free food!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eastern Canada
“Growing pains for sure, good enough for a second chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had our work Christmas party there... little crowded, NOT for large groups for sure, 20 max and we had 28. We had to beg and threaten for bread or rolls with our meal, do they seriously think they can open a restaurant in the Maritimes and not serve bread of some kind? Yeah right, then you woke up! Everything tasted great, I just found there was not quite enough of it for me so I am home eating again, and I also cleaned the plate of a coworker who did not like dressing or carrots. . But for small to not very hungry medium eaters, it probably will do. Server either forgot or did not hear my drink order, twice. Did not feel it was worth the $$ for this sort of experience... we should have done buffet again. Chairs were obviously for overflow seating, not very comfortable at all. I will give them another chance in a month or two when they are used to the space and their products. I loved what food i did eventually get,

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere