We stayed there Oct. 22 - 29 2013. We booked it because it is within walking distance of the Harbour Station Arena...15 minutes. Thankfully we were car-free. Event parking at the arena required the same amount of walking, fees and traffic. This Howard Johnsons is an old hotel that is being renovated piece by piece. It's clean, comfortable, large rooms with everything we needed. Well almost: for now there isn't any in room safe or security availble at the front desk. Also there is a nice pool, towels provided, etc. but in room it's hard to find a place to hang wet bathing suits. Check the amenities...kitchenettes are available, fridge and microwave, etc. The staff throughout, including a very nice restaurant, is first rate. This hotel FITS THE LANDSCAPE and is an exceptional value. If a 5 star is needed one should look for that. Yes, you may see frayed carpets and chipped paint, etc. but that's minor stuff. It's clean, large, with Bay of Fundy views for reasonable rates. Breakfast was included. Airport shuttle was included, prompt and efficient. We highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the history of Canada’s oldest incorporated city by staying at the Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza. The hotel is located between Historic Fort Howe and historic Fort LaTour (located on the Saint John harbour front). The hotel is adjacent to the Lord Beaverbrook Rink and Harbour Passage. A short walk along Harbour Passage puts you in the heart of uptown Saint John. Whether you are traveling from the East or from the West, the Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza is ideal for the business or leisure traveller as it is easily accessible from Highway 1. The Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza offers 133 spacious and comfortable guest rooms, 8 meeting/conference facilities and 1 large reception hall which can accommodate up to 450 guests. Let our knowledgeable and friendly staff transform your stay in Saint John into one you will not soon forget and allow us to make the Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza your home away from home. Fun for the whole family. The Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza also offers one of the largest hotel indoor pools in Saint John, complete with shower facilities. Want to relax, spend some time in our hot tub or try out our fitness centre. All available to our guests free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza Hotel Saint John
- Fort Howe Saint John
- Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza Saint John, New Brunswick