“Best Place in Moncton!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 211 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Barbecue, Pizza & Pasta, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Pump House Restaurant & Brewery was opened as a brewpub in downtown Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada in 1999 by Shaun Fraser and his wife Lilia. We debuted in style with the first new beer of the new Millenium. Today, 15 years later, The Pump House is going stronger than ever. With many different styles of craft beer and seasonal beers on tap and our sought-after forno pizzas, buffalo burgers, pastas and varying appetizers and salads etc. On our menu, we have created a home away from home for locals and visitors alike. We have a mug club for those that are really into craft beers and an app for our tech-savy patrons to keep in touch about specials, events, discounts and so on. We love Moncton and take pride in being here and being part of the community. The Pump House Restaurant looks forward to serving you!
Toronto, Canada
“Best Place in Moncton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I visited Moncton with my girlfriend for 2 weeks and came to the Pumphouse about 5 times. The excellent beer kept us coming back, not to mention the amazing stone-oven pizzas. Even if you don't like beer, you should come here just for those. You won't be disappointed.

I naturally started with the beer sampler on my first night. I didn't have a single beer I did not like. The premium lager is clean, crisp and fresh, as a lager should be. I'm more of an ale guy though, and the ales did not disappoint. The Fire Chief Red, Special Old Bitter (SOB) and Scotch Ale were probably my favourites, but all others were quite good as well. Many of the beers had unique flavours that I wasn't expecting, not typical for their class. Pleasantly surprising. Even the blueberry ale (one of their top sellers I think) stood out from other blueberry/fruity beers I've tried. I'm usually not a fan of these, but the blueberry was great. And they put real blueberries in the glass-- very cool!

Atmosphere was perfect for a brewpub, cozy and spacious with a nice area with booths in the back of the building if you want to be tucked away from the main floor where the live music is. (I prefer conversation with friends to shouting over music, so it's a great option if you're like me.) Service was friendly, fast and competent. I found the prices to be very reasonable for both the beer and the food. If you're in Moncton and you like beer and/or pizza, this is a place you can't miss!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ontario
“Go for the beer, stay for the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ate here twice during a recent stay in Moncton. My travel buddy is a big fan of microbreweries and he was not disappointed. The first time he tried the sampler, and the second time, selected on of the 9 beers on tap. He enjoyed both.
I had some of the house made root beer. Since I am not a drinker, it is nice to find something special for non-drinkers, too.
The food was good, portions reasonable, and the price was excellent.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great local brews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Always a pleasure to eat and drink here, service was awesome and speedy.

Flow of drinks is what one should expect, with their microbrews are great. Make sure you try the blueberry beer, sweet and savoury.

Food was hot and tasty!!!

Visited September 2013
Bathurst, Canada
“It's pretty good pub fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I like this place and we go when we're in the mood for fatty pub food. We are never disappointed. The calamari and fish and chips are really good. Last time I went I tried the vegetarian pizza. It was really good. It's flat crust and cooked in a wood oven. I can't comment on their beer (they brew their own) because I don't drink but my husband likes it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Ontario
“Blueberry beer - must try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went with a large group (about 20). This is a micro brewery with a good selection of pub grub. Food was average not bad and not unexpected from this type of restaurant. Had the oysters (they only had 20 pcs left on this monday night) and mussels. I thought the oysters were small. The mussels were average tasting. We shared nachos, calamari and chicken wings for he table. Nothing wrong with those. Had the blueberry beer which I enjoyed immensely. Overall was a fun evening. If the you don't like beer might be better to go someplace else as the wine list is meager..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere