“Delicious Vegetarian Meals For Everyone” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 211 Restaurants in Moncton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Moncton, Canada
“Delicious Vegetarian Meals For Everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is probably one of my favourite restaurants in town! Anyone who knows me knows how excited I can get about food and coffee, and this place has some of the best in both sections. First off, I think it's important to note that this is not a place strictly for vegetarians, there is food for everyone here.
Every time we go here, the food is delicious and fresh and the service is great. I've tried many of the different items on the menu, and each is better than the last. One of my family's favourite is the veggie burger, it is so delicious, and judging by the amounts of them I see on neighbouring tables, I think it's safe to say that it's probably on the crowd favourites (and probably the one most judged as "safe" by people who aren't feeling very adventurous with food). I'm also a huge fan of their thin crust pizzas, the Works being my favourite. This is easily the best pizza in town! They also have some delicious Mexican inspired dishes, the Oxcana Deep-Dish (at least, I think that's what it's called) being one of my personal favs.
Every time we come here, I NEED to have a latte in a bowl! It is, without a doubt, my favourite coffee in a non-coffeehouse; and I would even go so far as saying that they have better coffee than some coffee-houses (in my opinion, at least)…
I absolutely love the atmosphere here; it's a great place to go sit down, have a nice meal and some relaxing conversation with whoever is with you. One of my favourite places to sit in the restaurant is beside the little fountain in the middle of the place. I love the gentle sound of the water mixed with the beautiful greenery. For the lunch hour, everything is pretty open, but in the evening, they have these little curtains that divide the tables along the wall, giving it a very intimate atmosphere. It's absolutely lovely in both afternoon and evening; the colours and decor is very warm and inviting. It's a great place to go for any occasion; solo, business, friends, couples, family, etc...

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Moncton, Canada
“a little pricey for veggies-not a vegetarian but food is fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Fresh, REAL food. great, friendly staff. My only gripe is that their listed prices online are not what is actually charged in the restaurant - a bit pricey for a plate full of veggies but delicious none the less. bravo

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Riverview, NB
“Great Saturday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great healthy eating! Vegetarian style, but don't let that deter you, there's a great selection and food is delicious. I eat gluten restricted, but had no problem selecting a delicious Brunch, with green salad, burrito and raspberry green tea. Coulda had a beer or wine, but was driving. Clean, friendly place with quick service and lovely atmosphere. My 3rd visit, always satisfied! Obviously popular, as always busy, extra parking across the street.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valparaiso, Florida
“Fresh salad and healthy choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

...also free wi-fi! Service is casual but good, and the vegetarian choices are very nice. Love the salad and chapati. Soups are very good, too. Thanks, Calactus, for providing a relaxing place to eat healthy and hang out with friends.

Visited April 2014
Lyon, France
“Delicious vegetarian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We make sure to visit Calactus each time we are in Moncton. The food is very fresh and in reasonable portions. The flutes and the Taj Mahal Thali are excellent choices! The service is great and fast. The restaurant seems to be quite family friendly with crayons and colouring sheets for kids (we just saw these - no kids were with us). They have a great deck too if you want to eat outside in the summer months. If you are in the area visit the Moncton (walking distance from Calactus - just off of Main Street) and the Dieppe (behind the Hotel de Ville - City Hall) Farmers Markets.

• Visited May 2014