“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Future Inns Moncton

You added Future Inns Moncton to your Saves list
Future Inns Moncton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Lady Ada Blvd, Moncton, New Brunswick E1G 0E3, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Moncton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Campbellton, Canada
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed one night in a suite (310) and was not very impressed. For the price you pay, it was very basic (you did not have glass wine available or even a glass),, We observed long hairs on the bathroom floor and in the shower. The heater in the living room was not working properly.. We ate at the Maverick restaurant and again for the price, the food was just so so.. It used to be good and I had stayed at the Future Inn many times (always in a suite) in the past but never again.....I left a review in the room but I will be surprised if anything will be done

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Dartmouth, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for one night. Wasn't impressed. Lobby was very nice but check-in was very slow even though we were the only people checking in at the time. This hotel has had recent Renos and is changing to a Sheraton. Was clean and smelled new. Room was good but no bath tub, only shower. Restaurant (Mavericks,) was horrible. 30 mins to get appetizer which arrived cold, 2 more hours to get meal. My stir fry wasn't bad. My colleague's steak was well done but ordered medium rare. Garlic mashed potatoes were horrible and couldn't eat. Worst part is that we both ordered the house wine which we were given coupons for on check-in. Bill comes and it's on the bill. Server proceeds to tell us it's only usable for Jackson triggs wine. The coupon says house wine. Food and service were both awful. Breakfast service and meal was much faster. First time we ever complained to a manager. The chef and the server the evening we were there should be better trained or find a new career.

Room Tip: Ask for front facing room. With renos, our room faced a dumpster.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was traveling with my 80lb dog and the room we stayed in was perfect. They had specific rooms that were pet friendly. The flooring was laminate and that is a BIG win in my books. I had a few issues figuring out the cable but someone was up promptly to help. I also ordered room service in the morning and it was very timely and excellent. The gym was in a great space. Overall excellent experience and I would return.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

This hotel is changing to a Four Points Sheraton and the renovations were complete in the area we were in. The handicap room was perfect, although the beds being too high, a better than average cot was provided at no cost. The first time we have been offered the cot for our handicap traveller at no charge, yeah. The cat was sequestered to the washroom overnight which worked out well. The hotel is completely Four Points standard, thus the five star rating. Convenient access, close to shopping, and good parking.

Room Tip: Handicap accessible, pet friendly
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

The hotel is transitioning from a Future Inn to a Four Points later in 2015. I stayed on night in a King room. I haves stayed here often in the past. I was a bit disappointed to learn breakfast is no longer included. There was a bed and breakfast option that is gone. But everything else is positive. My room was on the third floor. I was completely exhausted from a very early morning flight and enjoyed a very good night's sleep. I went to bed around 8 pm! Often at hotels you can't turn the fan or heating off, but I could here and it was blissfully quiet both in and outside the room from what I could tell. The little fridge in the room is very welcome. I picked up food from a restaurant downtown and could keep it overnight easily.
My only regret is I didn't bring my yoga mat for the one night stay. There was a lovely large space that was not cluttered with a lamp or chair or coffee table. I could have done a wicked workout. The room has a long table by the wall with drawers, a lamp and business-type chair. The extra space was most welcome. Maybe with the hotel upgrades, it will be filled with armchair. I recommend they keep it clear.
I should mention their internet was excellent in my room. It was rocking fast, easy to connect and stay connected. If I needed to work in the room, I think it would have been fine.
There is a restaurant on-site which I didn't eat at. I didn't check out the exercise space this time. But my blissful night sleep was what I was hoping for and I got it!

Room Tip: The King room had lovely free space, good for solo travellers.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Annick C, Front Office Manager at Future Inns Moncton, responded to this review, March 13, 2015
Hello AtlCanTraveller,

Wow! We cannot tell you how much we appreciate reading your kind words about our property. It makes us feel good to know that we are exceeding our guests expectations,as we try very hard to ensure that we are offering the best service and amenities possible! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your sleep in our brand new king beds and are thrilled that you had a blissful nights sleep. We hope you visit us again very soon.
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

The front desk staff were incredibly nice to myself and my dog. My dog is bigger, at 40lbs, so many places do not allow her to stay. The staff here welcomed her with open arms! The room was big, beautiful, and clean. Everything from the comforters to the bathroom floors were sparkling white. We didn't have any issues with the noise happening with renovations either, and we spent most of the afternoon snowed in. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone (especially pet owners!).

• Stayed February 2015
Hi Me_me1990,

First off we would like to thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is reviews like this that makes us strive to be the best hotel in Moncton! I will pass along your comments about our clean rooms to the housekeeping department! I can assure you they work very hard to ensure that everything in the room is spic and span for the next guests arrival. We love pets here at the Future Inns and are happy that your four legged friend enjoyed our hotel too - I can assure you our staff loved seeing your dog and we hope to see you both back soon!
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

Spent three nights during a business trip. Currently undergoing fairly major renovations in anticipation of their upcoming branding change. Room was clean, spacious, nicely appointed. Clean, comfy beds also. The two complimentary water bottles every day were appreciated. Good size meeting rooms. Coffee and snacks well attended during our meetings and the lunches they served us were very good. Also a very decent restaurant connected to the hotel ("Maverick"). Nothing in the immediate vicinity of the hotel though.
My only issue was with the shower temperature. Used it at different times yet could not get a stable flow of hot water. Got lukewarm water at best. Reported it but was told they were using some "loop" system and that consequently, one had to let the water run for a period before using the shower. Did exactly that but at no avail. Maybe it was just a fluke as other reviewers do not seem to be reporting the problem.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Hello Jmcyow!

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, meeting rooms and on site restaurant Maverick's! You are correct when you say that we are undergoing renovations as we will soon be a 4 Points By Sheraton. We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your meetings and your guestroom that was recently renovated. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your water temperature and can assure you that we are looking into the issue to ensure it doesn't continue to happen. We are thankful for your feedback as this is the only way we can continue to improve our service - we want to be number one in Moncton! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Future Inns Moncton? Share your experiences!