“Wonder-pho” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Satay Grille Rouge

Red Satay Grille Rouge
207 St. George St | Corner of St George & Lutz, Moncton, New Brunswick E1C 1V6, Canada
506-204-8828
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
“Wonder-pho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

After a terrible dining experience in Shediac earlier in the we tried this restaurant for dinner.

What a great choice!

Our food arrived 10 minutes after ordering.

The hostess was pleasant and thoughtful despite it being crazy busy on a Saturday. She even offered to hold a table for friends of ours who decided to come after we raved about the food.

The soup base tasted great and the noodles were spot on. I haven't had good noodles like his since I moved to NB from out west.

The only critique is that the beef was sliced to thick and was fully cooked. I'm used to thinly sliced raw meat that cooks in the soup base.

Will definitely make the drive from SJ just to have another dinner here.

Moncton, Canada
“Very good but an extra fee for veggie?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Food is fresh and yummy! Will definitively go back for another great lunch. However, I was surprised when I had to pay. They charged us 5$ to have some veggies on the plate.

Our waitress ask us if we wanted some veggie on the plate and we said yes (who would not want it)? She did not mention any extra charge for it, that was the only negative point about this great restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dieppe, Canada
“Always excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I'll admit we've become regulars at this restaurant. We love the food, the atmosphere and the service is always excellent.

We've never been disappointed. They've recently changed owners and there were a few changes made but things have improved now that the transition seems to be complete. One of the only downsides with the recent changes is that they used to make really good coffee and now it's just regular drip coffee; so if coffee is important to you, take note.

If you go you'll have to try 'The Jenny Special', it's what they recommend if you've never been... it's a little bit of everything (pork, chicken, beef and a spring roll served on rice or noodles). My favorite is the curry chicken with vegetables served on noodles. The portions are huge and I usually end up with leftovers to take home which is great.

We go back often and it's definitely worth the trip each time.

If you're going in for lunch (no matter what day of the week) they're always packed! Call ahead for a reservation.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Halifax
“Well worth the stop if passing by Moncton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The food and service are outstanding, value is good. If you know and appreciate healthy and tasty food, you'll live the Red Satay.

R

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moncton, Canada
“Great Pho Soup!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I ordered the beef Red Satay Pho noodle soup. I think it was $11 for a medium sized bowl. Good flavour and amount of noodles. The portion was perfect for me. The restaurant is always packed around dinner time. I recommend coming early or after the dinner crowd to miss the rush. Not recommend for large groups as seating is tight. Service is always friendly and helpful. I've had other dishes in the past and all were top notch. If you enjoy Vietnamese food, this is where to go in Moncton. The only negative is parking can be hard to find. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014