“Nicely renovated, with a few minor problems” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Beausejour

Save Saved
You added Delta Beausejour to your Saves list
Delta Beausejour
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Main Street, Moncton, New Brunswick E1C 1E6, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 28 hotels in Moncton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Waterloo, Canada
“Nicely renovated, with a few minor problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

An older hotel nicely renovated. Rooms look great, however the unfortunate finish on the black furniture is already showing wear. Also, they kept the AC unit in it's current condition: ugly and falling apart. Great location right downtown. Friendly and helpful staff. 7/10

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Beausejour, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and the service provided by our team during your recent stay, and that you also found our downtown location to be convenient. We are replacing the air conditioning units on a sequential basis and will be upgrading a number of our AC units this year. We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Delta Beauséjour.

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

What I look for in a hotel are cleanliness, a comfortable bed, and service oriented staff. The Hotel Beausejour in Moncton gets high marks on all three! In particular the staff provided service best described as ranging from excellent to amazing. The staff at the main desk were very friendly and very helpful at all times, but the best was provided by the wonderful lady who runs the breakfast room on the 8th floor. Not only was she extremely helpful in ensuring my whole family was getting enough food and coffee, but she took the time to get to know us all over the two mornings we went for breakfast there. I watched as other people who came in grumpy left happy. On the last day she gave everyone in my family a big hug goodbye. How's that for amazing service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Beausejour, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for you wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Delta Beauséjour! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you got to meet one of our fabulous new team members, Lana. I am so proud to introduce her to our guests, because she is such a treat! I will be sure to pass along your thoughts and feelings to her supervisor, and of course, to Lana herself! I do hope that we see you again, that you can come and visit Lana, and meet the rest of our fantastic team!
Marc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I used to stay at the Delta Beausejour regularly up until about a year ago; this is my first stay back in about a year and I was surprised by how downhill the hotel has gone especially in terms of friendly and helpful service. The rooms are in BAD shape (run down, beat up furniture) especially the bathrooms and the front desk staff acted like guests were a nuisance - they were rude and not nice or helpful. I initially had a Prestige room which was supposed to be a notch above a regular room; ended up switching to a regular room and they two rooms were identical - so don't pay extra for a Prestige room as they are identical to the regular room. The bellman also wouldn't let me use the luggage cart on my own, he actually said to me that if I wanted to use their cart that he "came with it" which means a big tip. I disagree with this policy...I know these guys rely on tips but if I want to use the luggage cart on my own I should be allowed. The only positive thing about our stay was the food at Triio and from room service - this hotel does have awesome food. I am a Delta Gold member and also wasn't really treated as such - kept being told that there were tons of available rooms, but the only upgrades I could get were to rooms with only one bed in the room. Also, every time I have stayed at a Delta in the past year there has been hair in the tub when I checked in that didn't belong to me - the front desk staff actually told me that they didn't have enough housekeeping staff on this weekend and other staff were pitching in to help and that they had a bellman cleaning rooms today. Delta gotta get your act together.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Beausejour, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are very sorry to learn that you recent stay did not meet your expectations. Although our rooms are similarly decorated, there are some differences between Premier and Delta rooms, including some of the amenities in the room, the bed type and the rooms' location in the hotel. We do try to assign our Premier rooms to our business clientele as the Delta rooms are requested by sports teams and families who wish to have two beds in the room.

We are taking the appropriate measures to follow up on your comment regarding the hair in the bathtub, and our housekeeper will inspect the rooms more attentively with this issue in mind. Please accept our apologies for this oversight on our part. Our staff are cross trained for various positions in the hotel, and at times our team may work in various departments of the hotel, as was the case in our housekeeping department on the weekend.

We certainly apologize for any misunderstanding with regard to the use of the bellman's carts. As this is a service provided by our hotel, the bellmen are required to accompany the carts if the guests request their use. This is not merely as a means of receiving a tip, and we will coach the bellmen to ensure that they properly communicate this to our guests.

We do appreciate your comments regarding our food service, and we are happy that you enjoyed your meals.

We hope that you will be back with us again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The Delta Beausejour is on the average side of the Delta hotels I've stayed at in the past. Front desk service is fine, breakfast buffet is adequate and the beds are comfortable. My only complaint is with the disregard for cleanliness of the accommodation floors. I stayed on the 7th for 2 nights, and I should clarify that my room was clean. Upon check-in (lunch hour) I noticed a table at the far end of the hall covered in room service trays and some candy wrappers on the floor outside my room. When I came back several hours later nothing had moved! At 6pm the following day the candy wrappers were still there (assuming they were the same ones) and there were 3 separate breakfast trays (jam packets and OJ were the giveaways) on the floor of the hallway. Cleaning up these types of things would take my vote from average to very good.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate receiving your comments with regard to your recent stay with us. Certainly, the oversight by our dining staff would not leave a positive impression, and we are retraining our team on this issue to ensure that the corridors are cleaned of any dining trays.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding other aspects of your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Miramichi, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've stayed at the Delta Beausejour countless times, and they were all great experiences; needless to say, I'll return. One of the best hotels in Moncton, easily. Rooms are top-notch. View is fantastic. Service is amazing. You can't go wrong, really.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Beausejour, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so very much for leaving such flattering comments! We love having you at the Delta Beauséjour, and I can't wait to welcome you back. I hope that you will consider returning in the warmer summer months, when Moncton really comes to life; I will be happy to tell you all about the city when you visit again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

best hotel in moncton with a wonerful rest the windjammer. staff are pros. and the food is great with a good wine list. the have a gym and its in walking distance to waking on the trails on the river.

Room Tip: 8 floor exc
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your very welcome comments about our hotel. We are very proud of our Windjammer Restaurant, which has been a CAA Four Diamond Award winner for the past 21 consecutive years, and the only restaurant in the Atlantic Provinces to enjoy this honour. We are glad that you enjoy our gym and our location close to the riverfront park. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to our hotel.
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed on a Saturday evening, during a big snowstorm. I've stayed at Delta Hotels in Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Charlottetown, Halifax and Toronto. I found Moncton to be the least pleasant. I've been told at one point, This hotel was one of the top hotels in Moncton. Recently, newer hotels have opened up (Hampton Inn, Residence Inn, Casino, Holiday Inn) which have created competition and options for customers. Unfortunately, Moncton lacks a true high end hotel. I have been to a lot of different hotels in North America and have a high standard. I can be a little bit of a hotel snob but the furniture and paint shows obvious signs of wear and tear. I beieve it all depends what you are looking for in a hotel. The Delta Beausejour is a good location if you are wanting to be in the downtown core and don't have transportation. The interior is in need of serious upgrading / renovations. The beds aren't the most comfortable and walls are thin. No complimentary breakfast included. The Delta's hotel staff are professional and willing to provide assistance to make your stay pleasant. We stayed here to take advantage of their waterslide / pool area, which is another bonus.

In Moncton, for business in the downtown core, this would be adequate. In Moncton, I have stayed at the Hampton Inn, Best Western, Dieppe Holiday Inn, and Residence Inn. I would recommend those hotels over the Delta Beausejour. They provide the best bang for your buck! Our stay wasn't horrible. Just average...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Beausejour, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with regard to your guest room. We conduct regular inspections and complete repairs as the furnishings require. New mattresses will be purchased this year, to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable sleep in any of our rooms. As a full service hotel, we take pride in the quality of our breakfast options and we will continue to offer a first class breakfast in our dining room or through room service. We are pleased to offer a Bed and Breakfast package which does include breakfast in the package price.

We do hope that you will choose our full-service hotel, with the largest indoor hotel waterslide in the province and superior restaurant facilities, which may not be available in the other properties you have mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Beauséjour.

Been to Delta Beausejour? Share your experiences!