“Standard Holiday Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Moncton

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Moncton to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Moncton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2515 Mountain Road | P.O. Box 5005, Moncton, New Brunswick E1G2W4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Moncton
Toronto
“Standard Holiday Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

What can I say. It's an older Holiday Inn that has had some renovations.
Great location if you interested in the casino, walked there in less than 5 mins.
Decent Free hot breakfast, decent facilities (pool, gym). Free Wi Fi and Free parking.
Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Bathroom needs help. Small, plain, outdated and my shower sucked very bad.
Carpet is clean, bed is very comfortable. TV could be updated.
If your stopping by and need a decent place to say. Nothing wrong at all here.
If your used to big expansive four and five star hotels, you won't like this place.
Take it for what it is... a Holiday Inn. Exactly what I expected... but not worth complaining about for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
hotel83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moncton, responded to this review, December 11, 2010
Thank you for your candid feedback; we appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. We take pride in the service we provide and we will ensure your comments are passed on to our staff. As a member of Intercontinental Hotels Group our Kohler shower heads are standard with Holiday Inn Express and as a result, it may be possible that the problem you experienced was an isolated one specific to your room. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
In regards to additional updates, we are excited for our upcoming installation of new flat screen TV’s in 2011. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Moncton!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fredericton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to the casino and we wanted to go see a show at the casino and wanted to walk incase we decided to have a few beverages before the show. The room was very clean the bathroom was showing some age in there but the shower was great..

Here is what I though needs attention

The room carpet was very old and could use to be updated.
The pillows were very well worn and floppy..
The breakfast was nothing too fancy it didnt taste as good as other holiday inns ive stayed at but that is ok, there is always some where to stop to get a coffee around there

Seems the elevator was well hidden ususaly they are close to the front desk.
We had the do not distrub sign on the door but at 8am they still knocked on the door,I was up but the wife was not and she was not too impressed she likes her sleep.Makes you feel rushed that they want you out at 8am and check out is not til 11am, I really did not like being rushed when I had plenty of time to check out and we only were there for one night.
The people at the front desk said it was kids that took the signs off the doors
but who knows..

Bottom line if you want a decent hotel close to the casino. Then this is sorta
of worth, if you arent too picky on the above topics.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
hotel83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moncton, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service & accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

With regards to your comments; although we are a well established business and have been here for a long time our hotel was fully renovated in 2007 to meet the demands of today’s travelers. For the breakfast we provide the same product as at all Holiday Inn Express hotels, but I am pleased to let you know we have introduced a number of new products to our breakfast and with in the next short while we will be adding fresh made pancakes.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites for your future travel needs.
NB, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Just spent 107 nights at this hotel and I have no complaints what so ever. Once in awhile the pool was bit crowded but this has to be expected having the biggest pool of all hotels in the Moncton area and being next door to Magic Mtn and the zoo but I would also like to say that many times I used the pool and I was the only one using it. All of the staff was very nice to me and my family when was there, I would like to thank Tammy and all of the staff for making my my stay in Moncton an enjoyable one, and yes even the pink haired front desk attendant was always very nice, you know who you are :-), Tammy, the only one very small complaint that I had was that the Social night should have started in Sept, :-), hope to see you all next summer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
hotel83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moncton, responded to this review, November 20, 2010
Thank you for your kind feedback. It is truly rewarding to know that we were able to make you and your family feel at home during your long term visit. These comments mean a lot to us and I will be forwarding them to all of our staff.

I am sorry our Wednesday night appreciation nights started so near the end of your visit. I am however pleased that you took the time to attend and enjoy them while you where still here. It is a nice opportunity for us to thank our guests and to get to know them a little bit better. We do hope to continue the appreciation nights as long as guests like you continue to enjoy them!

We look forward to your next visit!

Tammy Steeves & Staff
New Glasgow, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

This hotel was in a great location for shopping and attending attractions like the Zoo and Magic Mountain. Right off the highway. The rooms were average but clean. A small playground for kids was a nice bonus. The breakfast in the morning was very nice, a great variety of food. Only problem we had was that check in wasn't until after 3pm and we were waiting until after 4pm to get into our rooms. It was 35+ degrees that day (with 2 three year olds) so that was not fun.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Used this hotel for a stopover for one night during a long drive. Didn't have any problems checking in & the staff were courteous.
Had a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed with nice pillows. Breakfast was very good and I have no complaints.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay. We take pride in the type of service we provide and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again on a return visit.
New Glasgow, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Holiday Inn Express Moncton is one of the best hotels to call home when visiting Moncton. I travel to Moncton with my family and sometimes on business. I love the location, easy access in and out of the city. The staff is very accomodating (travelling with my granddaughter I forgot she always has milk before bed, I didn't have to go to a store late at nigh, staff allowed me accesss to their breakfast stock). The cleanliness of the hotel is always consistant, hats off to the cleaning staff. It is one of the cleaniest hotels I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you taking the time to leave such a great review for us. We are pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another great stay.
Hiod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

My Wife & I spent 6 days & Nights at Holiday Inn Express on Mountain Road in Moncton, New Brunswick & have to say our stay was enjoyable. The service & treatment we received from Michelle, Corporate Sales Manager, Front Desk workers, & Kitchen Staff was superb. The Suite we had was very comfortable & clean. The Free Hot Breakfast was great. We would strongly recommend this Hotel to any visitor to Moncton, for pleasure or business. It's very centrally located....close to the Casino, Shopping, Golf, Hockey, etc.
There is one thing my wife & I would like to see added to this Hotel & that is a place to give the "Breakfast Crew" a Tip for the work they do in the morning rush.
Again a great place to stay & we look forward to our next visit.

Joe & Sheila Stringer
Newfoundland & Labrador

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
hotel83, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moncton, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
Mr. & Mrs. Stringer,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express Moncton a leader in excellence.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope that we will have opportunity to be your home away from home again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Moncton? Share your experiences!