“The best B&B we have found in Canada until today!” 5 of 5 stars

Downtown Bed & Breakfast
101 Alma Street, Moncton, New Brunswick E1C 2Y5, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Moncton B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“The best B&B we have found in Canada until today!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My wife and me find this beautiful B&B with our GARMIN GPS.

We arrived mid of May 2012 and were really overwhelmed.
Linda is a really nice lady, who provided an amazing breakfast.
I would say the best we have ever had, although we are vegetarians.

She gave us also a good advice for real good veggie restaurant across the street,
were we have taken our dinner the evening before.

All rooms are on the first floor and very nice supplied with furniture and a lot of cutie things.
Her cat Murphy and her dog Lucy were our friends from the first moment we have entered this house.
We would like to say Thank you Linda, also for the supplies for travel!

This B&B is every penny worth!

All the best Silvia & Ralf

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a very centrally located B&B walking distance to downtown Moncton. The host (Linda) is really welcoming and prepares delicious breakfast which is different every day, from banana bread, to scones, to omelettes and apple crisp etc. The rooms are spacious, quite basic and the house has a lot of character. My husband and I rented the upstairs suite which is really private, quiet and has its own bathroom. We highly recommend this B&B for its proximity to downtown and its lovely host.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Clean, With friendly proprietor, very basic accommodations but within walking distance of several good restaurants. Four rooms to one upstairs bath, price a little high for the quality.

• Stayed October 2011
Downtownbnbcom, Owner at Downtown Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
If I may, I would also like to clear up a misconception, that there are four bedrooms sharing one bathroom. It most definitely is a shared bath on the second floor, however, there are two bathrooms. I have put robes in the rooms for the comfort of the guests because of this. It is a heritage property which to some is the appeal. I would like to explain some of the costing, the reservation that was made was via on line booking service is 15% of the total per night, the tax is 13% of the total, and the credit card used takes another 4%, if there is no chip or rewards program involved. That is up to 32% of the total off the top before my other expenses. Breakfast was included in the price.
There is a room on the third floor, which is a suite, which can be reserved at a higher cost. It includes a private bathroom complete with Jacuzzi tub, private living room etc.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My friend and I visited Moncton in April of 2011. It was our last night after a wonderful trip around the the East Coast. We had an amazing time with Linda and very much enjoyed our stay at this very spacious and beautiful B&B. Not only did Linda give us wonderful advice on where to visit for dinner and drinks, but she also made us the most amazing breakfast we could have hoped for. I have particular dietary restrictions and Linda was very accommodating. The food was wonderful and it was definitely more food than we could have asked for!
Both my friend and I would very much recommend this B&B to anyone looking to experience downtown Moncton. Great location and within walking distance to the main street.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

It's a big house, Linda (the owner) is a really nice lady, who is trying her best for her clients. She has two wonderful pets - a dog and a cat who are always around and very sociable. It's fairly clean, the rooms are quite big and Linda cooks a big breakfast for her guests. The only big disappointment is a shared bathroom, fairly clean though.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed one night enroute to PEI. Having got off the sleeper train from Montreal I decided to walk to the b&b (15 min stroll)

A lovely welcome and a great room awaited. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble for Linda and I felt very comfortable here

The bed was so comfortable just what was needed after the journey and breakfast around a large dining table where all the guests sat was great as meant guests chatted to one another :-)

The only reason I have scored a 4 on value is because of guests sharing the bathroom - my pet hate particularly as a solo female traveller. However that said it was clean, Hairdryer etc provided and clean towels for my use in my room

Would definately stay here again and very easy access to the main street,Arcadia bus station only 2 blocks away and a great veggie restaurant across the street

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Downtown Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!