When my family and I called this motel, we were told that we could see the room before we checked in and that if we didn't like it, we wouldn't be penalized with a cancellation fee. After we saw the disgusting condition of the room, we said we were going to be staying elsewhere, and they charged our credit card anyway. The following is a list of reasons why we left the GoMotel and stayed somewhere else, even after we had already been charged for the room.
- The woman at the "front desk" (basically a table in the porch of their house) was wearing sneakers, jeans and a baseball shirt (sign #1 to get the hell out)
- Room smelled like moth balls, bathroom smelled like rotten cheese (my friend actually gagged in the bathroom)
- No telephone in the room
- Towels were clean but had numerous brown stains
- Bathroom supplies (shower cap, shampoo, etc) were from the Holiday Inn and looked VERY old (the writing on them was faded)
- One roll of opened toilet paper was provided
- Found 2 spiders crawling on the walls
- Furniture looked like it was from a dump (scratched, dented)
- Dust EVERYWHERE
- Lamp with no lampshade
- No TV remote
- Microwave and fridge were filthy and sticky
- Dirty toilet
- No Bible in the nightstand
- Sheets weren't tucked in under the mattress
- Garbage/dust behind the dresser
- The shower curtain had a hole in it
- The shower was so grimey looking that I actually stood on a towel IN the shower with my flip flops on to avoid standing directly on the shower floor
- Towels seemed clean but had noticeable brown stains
- Sheets and pillowcases were NOT clean and smelled terrible
- Stairs leading to the second floor were unsafe and the railing was plastic and about to fall off
- In the room there was a sheet of laminated paper that stated their ridiculous 'rules'. They included doing all cooking in the 'cooking shack' outside and if we left the room with a "nasty smell", we could be charged up to $500 on our credit card for ventilation costs. Also, it was plainly stated that long showers were not tolerated.
Overall, this motel was disgusting and unsanitary and the person who booked our room lied to us. The manager was not even willing to refund ANY of our money and we only stayed there 2 hours before deciding it was too dirty to stay. I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone! Also, the manager told us that he and his girlfriend (woman at the 'front desk') had just bought this motel two months ago, so don't let the other positive comments made before two months ago convince you to stay here. They were probably written when it was run by the previous owner and clearly better taken care of.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
In this case we had to check the reviews you write about other hotels.
You reserved 2 rooms on BOOKING.COM. The rooms you reserved were the lowest price rooms with shared washrooms. Upon arrival, you indicated you were not satisfied with economy rooms and indicated that you would simply go at another hotel. You were informed among other things that we did have regulat hotel rooms with private washrooms. You chose to view the regular hotel room BEFORE PAYMENT. You checked the room and indicated that the room was fine. You paid after viewing the room with debit card. You used the room and after a few hours, you came to front desk and indicated the room was filthy and unsuitable and demanded a refund which we refused to do. We notice you had moved most of the furniture in the room which we now believe was to check if dust was behind the furniture since you obviously could not find dust in other places.
We also noticed that in another reviews where you indicate about another hotel being creepy yet you did not even stay at the hotel. For the same hotel that you found creepy and bad we noticed all the other guest had a good stay! Just like our hotel, your review contradicts our other guest reviews.
What you write is diffamatory and mostly untrue. Yes, if a shampoo or soap that is good enough for the Hilton we believe it is also good for our customers! If anyone stained the towels, it was you since you left our towels full of make up stains. We like reviews good or bad but when they are not truthful, we believe we have to say something and hope that other do not find your review helpful.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.