“Enjoyable Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gomotel.ca

You added Gomotel.ca to your Saves list
Gomotel.ca
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1650 West Main St., Moncton, New Brunswick E1E 1G6, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Moncton
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Enjoyable Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My transmission blew up on the Transcanada just before Moncton. It was Sunday so my family and I had to stay overnight til the repair facility opened the next day. Fortunately for us we discovered the Go motel just a couple of blocks away. The young people running it were very friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable compared to other lodging in the area. The rooms though a bit cozy were very clean, attractively furnished and quiet. A modest continental breakfast was tasty and included with the price. Overall it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marco P, Manager at Gomotel.ca, responded to this review, May 21, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

...but I would not recommend this place for a stay of several nights. I was checked in by a girl who looked no older than 15 which me feel a bit uncomfortable. I find that the photos posted on sites like this are misleading in the sense that the room & motel look great in the photos but in real life look different. That is to say the rooms are quite small but son't really look that way in the photo & the place overall looked a lot more 'lived in' from the outside than the photo of the place leads you to believe. A guy around 30 also seemed to work there but he was not always around. All in all I thought it was kind of a local tourist trap using a trendy internet friendly type name in 'gomotel.ca' but was not really at the "international level" the name suggests. The 'staff' were friendly but sometimes I think such a sentiment isn't a good yardstick to judge a place by. In a pinch use it but otherwise it is probably best to go elsewhere. It is probably the cheapest motel in Moncton. Personally I think that motels/hotels have generally gone off the deep end price wise charging close to 100 for simply a place to sleep & take a shower. I find that not so friendly especially since such places are advertised as some kind of 'economical alternative.' There is nothing "alternative" about 80 bucks plus for a single per night for one that is essentially just a tiny room. The owners also have two aggressive looking guard dogs that could pose a risk to anyone with small kids walking into the motel office which is connected by a sometimes open door to the dwelling where the dogs are kept. There was some leftover billing material from a previous guest in my room in a drawer. Most people are very conscientious about keeping such stuff when they leave a place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Marco P, Manager at Gomotel.ca, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Not sure on how to respond to your review but here we go.
1. The room pictures are taken with a camera and not touched up.
The picture of rooms are exactly as taken The rooms were all renovated in 2012.
2. The Innkeeper Kathleen is much older than 15! She is over 24 years old, Sorry you felt
Uncomfortable by being treated nicely by Kathleen and her appearance.
3. The Innkeeper do have a dog however he does not have a mean bone. We personally did
check out ``Mattie`` the dog and he is very very friendly. A business is usually no place for a
dog but as you noticed the Hotel is also their home. I do agree with you that on
occasion another dog visits and I personally do not like other dog because of barking
which is totally unacceptable. The issue was brought up to Innkeeper regarding other dog
that barks and hopefully resolved.
4. Unfortunately, you appear to badger Hotels in general for the price they charge however as you pointed out, GOMOTEL.CA was the best value in Moncton. If it was that bad for you , you could have cancelled your stay after one night but you chose to stay for a long term which makes me wonder that maybe it was not that bad, maybe the `` pinch`` you were in made everything bad.

As managers, we like to learn for our reviews and better ourselves. We appreciate your review. Hope you are out of your pinch. Perhaps we may have to increase our prices to avoid being in a pinch in the future.
Bathurst, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Gomotel over the week end and loved our stay. The bbq area was great as we were able to cook our hot dogs and enjoy a relaxing quiet night. The rooms were recently renovated, very clean and had no carpets. We will defiantly stay their again!

Thanks for the great stay,
Bob and Laura

Room Tip: No fuss economical rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Gomotel in Moncton recently and had a great stay! We hesitated to stay here because of the bad reviews, but it was the only decently priced room near downtown. The motel was recently renovated and the new owner was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and seemed to have new furniture, fridges and DVD players!! It is definitely a fair price for being so close to downtown. We plan to stay at Gomotel next time we are in Moncton!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Marco P, Manager at Gomotel.ca, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your opinion.
kentville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

My wife & I stayed at Jones lake last summer for the Atlantic Nationals car show and we were very dissapointed.The rooms were filthy,we had to clean our room ourselves,and had to take laundry to the office to get it washed.The manager was renting rooms out to "Dancers",and one of them had customers coming & going all night long.He also had friends living there,and it appeared that they were selling drugs,they had traffic pretty much around the clock.I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Marco P, Manager at Gomotel.ca, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
We could not agree more! However as a new Management, we have completely renovated the Motel. GOMOTEL.CA is approved by CANADA SELECT. Hopefully you will comeback and as can see from the pictures, the rooms have changed!
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Room was old and dirty looking,i paid cash to front desk clerk and they scammed my visa that i gave them for a reservation number and ripped me off 200.00 . I would not recommend for a cheap stay ( try camping )

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Marco P, Manager at Gomotel.ca, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Sorry you had a bad experience. However we have renovated and changed the name of hotel and management. GOMOTEL.CA is approved by CANADA SELECT and as you can see from our room pictures, the old carpet, paint, furniture have been replaced. Hopefully you will come back and we promise to make it a better experience for you and your family. Thank you
ONTARIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

Hey There Travel Fans,

Was at Jones lake motel for a business stay with afew men on my cable crew.

And i couldnt believe how small these rooms are at this motel. They consider double rooms to be two futons pushed together. I felt as if i were in prison.

Honestly tho, the price was good .room were VERY clean, and the lady at the desk was quite nice.

Another plus was ....My Uncle Pete dropped into the Jones lake motel for a few hours from Edmunston and the motel was curtious enough to rent him a room for only a few hours to take a nap with his mate before he had to drive back home.

Overall . If you gotta stay here . You gotta stay here. If you want something m ore than a room and a bed . Go else where

Happy Travels

JP

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to Gomotel.ca? Share your experiences!