“Nice place and courteous host” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 28 hotels in Moncton
Los Angeles, California
“Nice place and courteous host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed over Labour Day weekend with my Mother and two Aunties. Made a last minute booking on the way to see Hopewell Rocks and was pleasantly surprised how spacious and CLEAN the room was. Comfortable beds and was convenient to have the kitchenette for breakfast.

We paid $20 extra for the 3rd and 4th person and felt this was reasonable as we were advised of the extra charge upfront. I wasn't sure if my Aunties would be staying overnight and the owner was fine with letting me pay for them later when they turned out to stay after all.

I am usually wary of staying in motels due to the ick factor but would definitely stay here again. The owner is clearly proud of his establishment and takes great care to make his guests feel welcome.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
sam n, General Manager at Midtown Motel & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay
in our Hotel. I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy and
experience a great stay with us.

Your valuable feedback allows us to constantly improve and recognize
our employees’ great work with comments like yours. All our rooms come
with fridge, micro way, toaster, cups and plates, some rooms have full
kitchen. We provide clean comfortable rooms for best price in town.
Once again, Thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming
you back very soon.

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Moncton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

After booking a bachelorette party to prepare 5 people to get ready, (4 staying overnight), we were told that it would cost us 100 (website SPECIFICALLY says 10 dollars per extra person) EXTRA dollars for the 5th person to prepare. After explaining the 5th person will not be staying, only preparing, and meeting only ignorant replies and resistance, we were told that we would pay the 100 or the police would be called. Absolutely ignorant staff, unwilling to listen, and raising their voices to retaliate. Save your money, give it to the Mariotte,, you wont be dissapoiinted or have to deal with these people.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I apologize for not meeting your quality and service expectations
while staying with us. We constantly strive to provide exceptional
service and value to all our customers.
In order to provide Clean, Comfortable and quiet rooms for our guests
we do not permit hosting party in our motel. In addition, due to the
safety of our guests, we will only allow 4 guests in every room where
there are 2 queen size beds.
Also, Please be advised that we do charge $10.00 for every extra
guests staying in rooms.
Once again, I apologize for the miss understanding on the policy.

General Manager at Midtown motel & Suites
Hornsea East Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed for a total of five night in September. In my opinion the Midtown is excellent value. I booked a single room, the room was large and clean, with good facilities. Peculator, Toaster Dishes and cutlery. Complimentary newspaper. And Mike the owner is very helpful and pleasant. As are his staff. Would not hesitate returning or recommending to others. Of course you can find more sumptuous accommodation, but not for that price I doubt.

Room Tip: Do as I have done and check independent reviews such as Trip Advisor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hello Mr. John Hebert,
Thank you for your positive review and I’m happy that we got a chance
to welcome you back again at Midtown Motel and Suites. I hope you had
good time in Canada, We value all of our customers and make sure to
provide Clean, Comfortable rooms with Exceptional service at best
price. Our friendly team at Midtown Motel is looking forward to
servicing you again soon.
Fort Erie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in September 2012 en route to PEI. Good room, nice place and the owner was quite nice to deal with. Price was good value as we were just looking for a place to stay at a reasonable price before we moved on.

Hello Mr.Jeff
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent
stay in our Hotel. I was pleased to read, that you were able to enjoy
and experience a great stay with us. Your valuable feedback allows us
to constantly improve. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back in
the near future.

Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Midtown Motel and Suites. We stayed there back in January 2012 while we were in town to see the Canadian Figure Skating Championships. When I planned the trip I was looking for the cheapest way to do everything and this hotel was the cheapest option available. My husband and I aren't too picky about hotels. As long as we have a clean bed to sleep in and the room doesn't reek of cigarette smoke than we're happy. So because this was the cheapest option available we weren't expecting much to begin with. Needless to say we were pleasantly surprised, because I think what we got was worth much more than what we paid. We arrived around 11:00pm because our flight into Moncton didn't land until 10ish. We didn't realize that the office closed at 10, so we were a little nervous when we got to the hotel and realized that no one was around for us to check in with. We rang the bell by the office and the owner/manager (not sure if he owns or manages the place - or both) came down to let us into our room. He was incredibly friendly when we apologized for not realizing that we were going to arrive after the office closed. A few weeks earlier we had called to add an extra day onto our trip and from our phone number he realized we were coming in from the states, so when we didn't show up before 10:00, he told us that he had just assumed our flight was getting in pretty late, so it was no problem that we hadn't forewarned him that would be be late.

He opened the office to run our credit card and he asked us if we wanted to upgrade our room. We said no - we still just wanted the cheapest option, but he ended up upgrading us for free. We had a room reserved in the main building initially, but he upgraded us to the king bed suite in the house in front of the main building. I'm pretty sure we were the only people who were in that entire building which was nice. The room had a living room area, small kitchen with plates and utensils and a small breakfast nook. He walked us to our room, showed us how to work the TV and then gave us some tips on the town. He pointed out where the grocery store was and suggested a local diner for breakfast. Honestly, for it being so late at night, I think this went above and beyond what any other hotel would have done. I've never been walked to my room before and then given tips on where to go in town. It was also pretty icy outside, so after he made sure that we didn't slip as we were walking up the steps into the building, he came back with salt to put on the ice so we wouldn't slip in the morning.

The room itself was very clean, and we ran into the maid one day as we were getting ready to leave. She was also very, very friendly and gave us some suggestions on things to do and see in town.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Midtown Motel and if we ever go back to Moncton, we will definitely stay here again. I read somewhere that Moncton was voted the friendliest city in Canada a few years ago and based on our experience here, I can definitely believe that!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor
following your stay at Midtownmotel & Suites.

I am very pleased to read about the great experience you had in our
hotel. We are constantly looking at ways to improve and deliver
quality service to our customers and comments such as yours go a long
way when we share them with our employees. Our goal is to provide
clean, comfortable rooms for the best price in town.

Once again, thank-you for your feedback and I hope you return in the
near future. If there is anything I can do to make your stay even more
enjoyable, please let me know.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stopped in Moncton on our way from Hopewell to PEI and chose this placed based on the reviews. We found it to be clean and comfortable with gracious hosts. There is a coffee pot, toaster, microwave, fridge and a few dishes in the room. Our room was large with a king size bed and sofa bed. The location is fantastic as it is right off Main Street and close to everything. I would absolutely recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor .

I’m happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our motel, we try to
provide our best service for all our guests, and we make sure we have
clean comfortable room for a best price in town. Once again, thank-you
for your feedback as it helps us motivate our employees to continue to
deliver great service, I hope to welcome you in the near future and if
there is anything I can do to make your stay even more enjoyable,
please let me know.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in the Motel part and found the 'Midtown' to be a great value for a nice average motel. The outside looked nice with a lot of plants everywhere. We were able to check in early and moved to a larger room than what we reserved for a few extra dollars. The room was basic in design but had a refrigerator and microwave as well as dish and cutlery witch is convenient for those staying more than a day. The motel is within walking distance of the mall and down-town strip. The motel is also a few blocks for 'shoppers drug mart' and a great diner called "Jean's" 369 St George St. that the motel owner suggested for lunch. Their desserts looked awesome, like mile high lemon meringue pie. This would be a good motel to stay in if you were going to drive to Hopewell Rocks, Magnetic Hill, or the Casino.

If you are okay with basic no frills affordable accommodations Midtown is good value. was nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the non smoking king size room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Midtown Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!