“Good but tasted better” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Good but tasted better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Had chicken with donair. The chicken and donair was good. Salad dressing okay but not great on salad. Rice a bit bland. Service was friendly and excellent. I would recommend it but have tasted amazing Greek food elsewhere in Canada.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had dinner at this place and it was great. The staff were attentive, open to substitutions & fast. Food came quickly, was hot and very well prepared. Servings were large and flavourful. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Fredericton

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fredericton, Canada
“Simple, Cheap and Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love this place, but after eating there many times, I have my visits down to a science. Do NOT come here looking for a pampered restaurant experience. The servers are overworked and not going to give that to you. Ask for a pitcher of water when you sit down, so that you can refill your own glass, and order an appetizer and main dish at the same time to speed things along. Also, this is a place that's going to charge you for every additional request you make, so keep that in mind if you ask for more tzatziki or pita bread.

That being said, I love the pork and chicken souvlaki dinners with greek potatoes and a small salad. If you're going to get an appetizer, try the spanakopita. If you really want to treat yourself, or need to wake up fast, try a greek coffee.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shediac, Canada
“Maybe it's me...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

but I just cannot recommend this restaurant. We left Shediac, NB to go to Fredericton for a Saturday afternoon trip me, my girlfriend and my teenage daughter... Since my daughter loves Greek food I checked for what's was available in the area... After reading some reviews, we thought "hey, this must be good". Anyway, we arrived there at about 4:45 and we were greeted by a friendly waitress who assigned us a good table. Shortly after, another waitress was already taking our order. I must point out that the place was already half full so I thought, it must be good alright... A busy restaurant probably has good food right? So we ordered and we received our food... Me and my daughter ordered a chicken souvlaki plate and my girlfriend a donair. First thing, they prepare their greek salad with iceberg lettuce...and lots of it. It has such a watery taste that it is not the best experience to eat trust me. Also, their chicken souvlaki is probably the worst tasteless chicken I've had in my life. No taste at all!!! and almost burnt to boot... Tzatziki sauce was not very tasteful as well. As a matter of fact, nothing we ordered was tasteful. Not to complain but, we love food that has taste (who doesn't ?) and their fare doesnt cut it... and that was for the 3 of us... Oh, by the way, my gf's donair was very so so... If we would have known better, we would have gone to Jack,s Donair and Pizza next door (their donairs are ...wow!)

To conclude, I don't know what's the fuss about that restaurant. their food doesn't have a trademark taste or anything... you know, the kind of stuff that you have to either salt or load with ketchup to make it interesting... not my type...

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mount Pearl, Canada
“The best Lamb I ever had!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my second time at this restaurant and I wanted to make sure that the first experience wasn't a fluke, but this is absolutely the best lamb that I have ever had at a restaurant. It was served on a plate of salad with a light dressing, rice and those fabulous greek potatoes. I went with 2 friends and we just managed to squeek in because it was so full. With people coming in behind us I would make a reservation for the next visit. It was a typical restaurant setting, wait staff were friendly, the food was prompt, looked good on the plate and tasted better. Apparantly the owner makes his own tzatkaki sauce - make sure you order it as an appetizer. And the dessert, homemade Baklava, is out of this world. A generous thumbs up!

• Visited April 2013