“Good location, great price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Inn Fredericton

You added Amsterdam Inn Fredericton to your Saves list
Amsterdam Inn Fredericton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   559 Bishop Drive, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3C 2M6, Canada   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Yarmouth, Canada
“Good location, great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here for business and found that the location, so close to the mall, was perfect! It was also easy access to the highways, so coming and going were no issue.

I had a room with 2 queen beds, flat screen tv and small work table. The heater was quiet and effective and the beds were comfortable. All of it was very clean and daily, the housekeeping staff kept everything fresh.

The free breakfast consisted of toast, bagels, croissants or muffins, cereal, fruit and yogurt, a hot egg omelet, coffee and juice. It certainly met my needs to grab something to start off my day well.

There is only 1 elevator that seemed to be fast enough, though with only 3 floors I walked instead of waiting. My only concern was the exercise room -- it was small (one eliptical, one recumbant bike and a treadmill - one bowflex-type weight station) but no fan to move the air around. I found it very uncomfortable exercising, and found it hard to catch a good breath with the stuffiness.

I would definitely stay here again, but would look for other arrangements to do much exercising -- hopefully it will be nice enough to run outside (there is a green space across the road, so it would be very nice, I think!)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Janet J, General Manager at Amsterdam Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Good Day!

Thank you so much for you detailed review. All feedback is valuable and appreciated. Please stay in touch as we are planning to make some changes to our fitness options that will hopefully be big improvements! We like to see all feedback as it plays a large role in changes and upgrades to our product.

Have a great day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Have stayed here several times before and each time I stay here I have no doubt why I chose it. Rooms are clean and modern. Breakfast area is well maintained and you don't need anything else for a business hotel. No pool or spa but you can stay down the street and get that on a minimal basis. What was nice was the nice I stayed this week they had a horrible snow storm, at the crack of dawn I looked out and the whole parking lot was plowed to make it accessible to everyone, there was lots of work to be done but they had knocked themselves out so no one was inconvenienced in the morning with getting to their work or airport. Great work guys!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks again!
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

If you need to stay in Fredericton overnight and you want a comfortable room, very clean and well kept, that offers ample room to spread out paperwork then thus is the place for you. It has a nice little fitness room, no pool and a decent hot/cold complimentary breakfast as well. The location is very convenient and the rates are very reasonable. I stay here about a dozen nights a year and find it excellent for a quick overnight accommodation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Janet J, General Manager at Amsterdam Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. A home away from home is exactly what we try to achieve with each guest, during each stay. I will make sure to pass on the encouragement to all staff members as it takes a great team to achieve this goal.

Thank you again and Happy New Year!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was the second time I've stayed here, both on business. The room was very clean and very big. It had everything I could have wanted. Very friendly staff. Morning breakfast was ok. Fair price for stay. Good location for me. Would stay here anytime!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share a review. We appreciate all our guests and it is wonderful to hear you had such a great stay. We hope to see you back soon!

Thanks again!
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

They always have great rates for business trips and it is in close proximity to everything including work. More options for breakfast would be nice. Staff are always friendly and helpful and always quiet

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Janet J, General Manager at Amsterdam Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your suggestions! Please keep in touch as we are in the middle of making some significant changes to our breakfast selections that I am sure will be much better for our guests!

Have a great day and see you soon!
Bathurst, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Arrive here in the pouring rain, was minutes from everything! Love it
I was in Fredericton on business and it's not my favorite place, so it's really great to have such a nice hotel to stay in at such an affordable price.

Room Tip: Loved my room, it was great. Perfect for me.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello and Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you had such a great stay with us.

Hope to see you again soon!
Eastern Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Room was comfortable, great sofa, and the bed...so comfy, finally NOT a pillow top that is so far off the floor you need a stepladder and a spotter to get into bed.. breakfast was simple but filling. Can't say much for the fitness equipment, when I went there two of the four were out of order and a third one is one I can't do so I was limited to a bike. No pool. Room had a fridge, which was great for a week-long stay. Desk chair was wooden with no wheels, and not very comfy to sit on for extended periods of time to do work at the desk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Janet J, General Manager at Amsterdam Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your kind words. We take guest safety as a top priority, thus the reason for the guy equipment being out of order. I am pleased to say however, that everything is back in great working order and ready to be used! We hope to see you back soon and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Been to Amsterdam Inn Fredericton? Share your experiences!