“The best quality for a low-budget stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Norfolk Motel

Norfolk Motel
You added Norfolk Motel to your Saves list
Norfolk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   815 Riverside Drive, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3A 8R1, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Middleton, Canada
“The best quality for a low-budget stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

I was quite impressed with the room I was provided with which included a bathroom stall and sink in the main area, free internet and well plushed bed. Apparently one can obtain a complimentary breakfast but only at certain times of the year. The owner of the motel is a very down to earth family and business man and I spent a fair time conversing with him.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

My husband and I walked in to the office and booked a room. When we walked into our room all you could smell was stale urine! I pulled back the bed sheets and it was evident that pervious customers had been sexually active on the sheets (pubic hair and lube were on the sheets)! They CLEARLY had not been changed! We went to the front desk immediately and complained. The clerk gave us a new room and explained that they "had a new cleaning girl who was working for them for three days whom he was going to fire". That wasn't a day or two of urine on the bathroom floor that was months worth!!! The new room was better but after the first one my husband and I decided to stay elsewhere! We ate our $80 and went up the road to the Ramada! It was FANTASTIC by comparison. I would not recommend my worst enemy to stay at this motel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

I have checked all the reviews on this motel before i booked it and I was skeptical.But friend of mine who is actually from Fredericton has suggested me for this motel. So I took his word and i think i did the right thing.I strongly recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
nova scotia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I booked this motel because the Expedia ad said it had 2 double beds and a single and we have 3 teenage daughters. We paid 101.67 for 1 night! The air conditioner was really noisy and didn't cool the room at all. There were no towels in the room and I had booked for a family of 5. We asked for towels and were given 2. They said that was all they had and would bring more when the laundry was complete. We never did see any more towels. The toilet leaked all over the bathroom floor and it had obviously been leaking for awhile and the floor was kind of spongy feeling in spots. I wrote to Expedia upon our return to ask if they had checked out the motel before advertising it and they contacted the motel and were told we were no shows. This was a week after we had stayed there. That same day that Expedia contacted them, they put a further charge of $120.80 on my Visa. It was a thoroughly distasteful experience that we will not repeat. I just hope others will learn from our experience and go somewhere else. I wish I had read this site before booking the motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

We were on a trip to fredericton and we travelled with my family to fredericton, since it was canada day and we wanted meet and greet our family but apparently the place we were near had drunks hitting others with metal rods? It was a craz night and certainly with our family place having no place for us to stay we avoided the motel Fort Nashwaak nearby and headed to this place. It was quiet, comfy and clean! The customer service were very helpful and made sure we enjoyed our stay there, for a place that cheap, it included a continental breakfast and free wifi! Definitely made it easier for us and definitely helped us avoid a situation with one of us or our family members land in the hospital. Definitely visit and stay here if we are on our way to fredericton, hoping that we don't have to avoid our home area again like this year.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I was travelling my way from toronto to Halifax with my girlfriend, and we decided to call it a night, we found the Norfolk Motel, since we wanted to have a low budget stay. The Motel was neat and comfortable. It was as well very cheap, especially with a motel with such low having free wifi and breakfast, at first the breakfast closed as they weren't serving at the time, but the front desk clerk, took it in his own hand and made sure there was breakfast in the morning for us. Definitely recommended to several of my friends on their way here, if you want to a cheap and comfy stay, no other place but this for sure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

I was staying at the Ramada for a week and had decided to stay a few extra days, but the Ramada was booked up. I called the Norfolk and made plans to stay there. I should have just gone home!! The staff at the front desk acted like I owed them something for even staying at there hotel. I would not get back to my room until late every night and of course the HOT water was turned off!!! And to whom ever it was that posted about the bed being on a slant, I must have had your room! My advice stay at the Ramada just down the road, it was only $10 more.

• Liked — When I checked out!!!!
  • Disliked — When I checked in
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Norfolk Motel? Share your experiences!