“Clean & Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Motel

You added City Motel to your Saves list
City Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1216 Regent St, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 3Z4, Canada   |
Special Offer
Call for Best Rate!
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Dartmouth, Canada
“Clean & Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

When travelling to Fredericton the City Motel is always our number one place to stay. Clean and convenient, the prices are affordable with CAA rates available and provides a great central location. Our last trip the onsite restaurant was closed but has since reopened which makes it convenient for an early morning breakfast or dinner when you pull in at the end of a day. While modest and certainly not the "Ritz", The City is warm with plenty of comfortable character with a small lounge in the lobby with snacks and refreshments and free internet access. With onsite laundry facilities, a gym it makes for a great home base away from home. The staff are always friendly, welcoming and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable; if you need anything you only have to ask.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Keswick, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed her on July 2, and July3rd 2014. Last time I stayed here was in the early 90's. It was clean comfortable and handy when I last stayed.

This time the Motel was tired, smelly and my room was very dirty. I was checked in by a young man wearing an undershirt, very unprofessional.

The carpet in the room was sort of sticky, the room smelled damp and manky. The counter in the bathroom was dirty and sticky. The room could have used a paint job, new linens and a general redo. There was stomping on the ceiling overhead at night.

Overall this is a tired, smelly and dated motel and is not worth the price that they charge. It is not good value for your money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dartmouth, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Check in was a breeze, we landed in Fredericton before lunch, and were able to check in, which is nice, i love that. Upon entering, we thought it was very cute and different. The room was clean, but very dated, the floors are a little uneven, especially the sleeping area, of the Queen Room. A bit of a musty smell, windows do not open, I hope if they change the windows, they put in windows that open, and maybe remove the carpet. The room was very quiet,, 302, top of the stairs, i was worried, we would hear a lot of late night noise from other quests, but was very quiet. The restaurant was not open, however I think it is now. The coffee pot wasn't in the room, We didn't go to the gym so i cant comment on that, and no pool. We would probably return, although i hope at a lower price, if the price is only a difference of 20 dollars or so, we may go somewhere else just for the use of a pool.But we would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Borneo, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a night here with family and friends. The rooms were great, clean, spacious yet homey. Reasonable breakfast and good location. Good wifi. Loved the quilts on the bed.gave a nice warm touch. Nice staff. Would return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I tried this motel as I had a meeting early the next day close by. This place is fantastic !!! The rooms are great and really bright. And the price is very reasonable compared to the other hotels in the area. I found the staff really friendly too. I even met the owner who welcomed me personally.........you don't see that very often. I see that they even have small meeting rooms which will come in handy on my next visit. Thanks everyone for the nice experience. I'll be back !!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
St. Stephen, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

A friend and myself recently visited this property for 1 night while in town for a concert. We decided to book last minute and found that City Motel was offering fairly low rates for a day-of arrival. I was pleasantly surprised by how well-kept the motel was for the price-range, however I was not aware that I was going to be quoted one rate over the phone at the time of booking (around $75, $89 after taxes) and then charged another at the time of checkout ($96). Won't be staying at this property again, very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed at the City Motel with my family back ages ago and we always had a really positive experience there. Today was the first time I've stayed there in over ten years, but returning to this hotel was wonderful.

If you're looking for a super posh hotel, the City Motel isn't that. It is very homey and welcoming though.The hotel rooms are quaint and cozy and we found it to be quite clean. It's homey in the sense that the decor and the bedding look like something you would find in a guest room if you were visiting your family that live out in the country. This is in no way a bad thing. Since I'm from a small town, I loved that it had that kind of feel to it. Very cozy.

The staff at the hotel is very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. We weren't sure how to work the coffee maker when we first got here so we called the front desk and they sent someone right away to help.

The hotel is in a superb location in Fredericton. It is very close to the Regent Mall, which is the main shopping center in the city. You can easily walk to it (once you cross four lanes of traffic) within five minutes. It is also close to the Uptown Center (formerly the Fredericton Mall). It's also about a five minute walk. Dairy Queen, Future Shop, and many other restaurants and shops are right across the street from the City Motel. The Motel is right across the intersection from Prospect Street which has a lot of shopping along it.

There is a restaurant in the motel but I haven't tried it. There are also drinks (chocolate milk, white milk, soda, etc) for sale at the motel but it is a little overpriced.

All in all, I was very pleased with my stay at the City Motel once again. It is a very reasonably priced motel considering the great location, the cozy rooms, and the great service! Highly recommended -- this Motel is a family favorite! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to City Motel? Share your experiences!