“Pretty good for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
CAD64 (CAD)
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Moncton, Canada
“Pretty good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Busy night in Fredericton so chose this place as it had availability. It is not a 5-star resort but a very acceptable place. Rooms were clean, TV and WI-FI good, and the price was very reasonable.It does have comfortable beds which is more than I can say for higher priced places.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Norman B, Manager at Prospect Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I appreciate your nice comments about our place. We are dedicated to providing good, clean accommodations to people who want to rent a room without breaking the bank. We don't have anything fancy, but do offer nice rooms for nice prices. And we are easy to access from anywhere in town or from the highways. Hope to see you on your next trip. Thanks again. Norm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The so called renovated rooms are just as bad as the rest of the place. I had payed for two nights I'm in my first night of doors slamming and a microwave outside my door beeping in the hallway. Not to mention that I have the thermostat cranked and i am in bed with all my clothes on. Shivering!! Will be asking for my second nights cash back and picking another hotel for my next night. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $25 a night and go to the Howard Johnson up the road.

• Stayed February 2014
Norman B, Manager at Prospect Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I do apologize for your stay, although I was not working here back then. Tripadvisor is a valuable source of information for the travelling public, and many hotel operators should be aware that 70-80% of potential guests are checking sites like this for suggestions on where to stay. I assure you that since I took over in July 2014, you will be pleased with your stay. I hope you give me a call when planning your next trip to Fredericton. I would be happy to host you and show you all the improvements we are making. Best regards, Norm
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had heard about the Prospect Inn through a buddy of mine who had stayed there last September of 2012. So the last place I wanted to end up staying was there after the things I had heard about the place from him. I didnt really have much of a choice as I was going to Fredericton to attend a Family Reunion with my girlfriend and her parents and they had already rented the rooms as they got into town a few hours before we did. To say I was pleasantly surprised was an understatement. Both my girlfriend and i and her parents room were both newly renovated, very clean and really cheap. We were offered and brought mini-fridges, keurig machines, and most of the staff knew us by first name after the first day. My gf and I stayed on for two days longer than we expected to and were given an even better deal. Apparently the place was under new management since May of 2013 and if what my buddy Aaron told me was true about the stories from when he stayed there I'd say it must be because it was nothing like he described!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, both rooms that we stayed in had King Size Beds. Ours was on the opposite...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in late in desperation and found the motel to be a $40 room for a $90 price. All local hotels are way overpriced and the attitude from staff is that everyone else is price gouging, so we do too. The room was clean and very basic. The motel is very old and in process of remodeling. When we stayed it was a 1/2 star motel. The people at the front desk was nice. We routinely stay in 4 star hotels for $70 so the value was not good for us.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Arrived very late, with reservations, the lobby was staffed by a very drunk middle women sleeping on a lazy boy who upon our very late arrival woke and said "I wasn't sleeping".

The room were old, and smelled, the TV looked like it was the first color TV ever made.

Thinking things couldn't get worse, upon pulling down the sheets we found stains with pubic hair!

We couldn't believe it...

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

After we had left another hotel that had turned out to be a disaster we fled to the Prospect. The woman running the place was Fantastic. We looked at the room before checking in and when we saw how well kept the rooms are we decided to stay. The rooms are outdated but there was a mini-fridge, a coffee machine, and a television with cable and we were comfortable with that. As long as we're sleeping in a clean place we're pretty happy. The breakfast the next day, along with being super cheep, was super tasty. Once again we everyone was super helpful in directing us about the city and giving us suggestions about where to go and what to see. This place has excellent service from excellent staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the main road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Prospect Inn? Share your experiences!