“Average, clean, comfortable hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Fredericton

You added Ramada Fredericton to your Saves list
Ramada Fredericton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   480 Riverside Drive, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3A 8C2, Canada (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Ottawa, Canada
“Average, clean, comfortable hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel is fine for basic traveling (clean room/sheets/phone/remote control). They have one nice suite (soaker tub, heated bathroom floor, large room), but we couldn't get it this time. We stayed in the Business Class room, and it was fine. We are somewhat picky travelers, and my husband had a gripe with the pillows being too big and hard, and the bed being too close to one side of the room that he could not really get out from his side of the bed. But overall, the hotel is fine, but nothing special

Room Tip: Book business class rooms if you can. Also, the inner rooms face the courtyard, which may or may no...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager29, General Manager at Ramada Fredericton, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am pleased you like our suite.I ,too, wish we had more like it as it is very popular! I appreciate your husbands comments about the pillows-you would think when you have 5 pillows on one bed to pick from, youcould find one that is to your liking but we get used to our own pillows and then its very difficult to adjust to a different one!We do offer a selection of different types of pillows-feather,soft,flat etc so maybe next time he could request something closer to what he likes and we would be happy to oblige! Our Business Class rooms are great-we get alot of compliments on them and I am really pleased you felt the same.......but yes, the king size bed is a bit too close to the wall on one side in that section....these rooms were not originally intended for King size beds but most people don't mind as quite often these rooms are for people travelling alone on business.Youare quite right about the inner rooms facing our beautiful indoor courtyard and each of these have a balcony that is lovely to sit out on in the evenings and watch whats happening or have dinner etc.Thank you for noticing! We hope we will see you back here again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was a bit disappointed to have to book a room on the North side of Fredericton because othe local hotels were sold out. Out of necessity, the Ramada was booked and I was a late arrival.

The front desk clerk was in training so check in was a bit slower than usual but that can be understood. She was friendly enough. The other clerk had some white substance on her chin and lip, like she was just eating and hasn't wiped it off. No one said anything but it was distracting and unprofessional. The clerk gave me directions to my second floor room, which was up the stairs - no elevator? In fairness, she did ask if i needed help with my luggage.

I was booked into a business category room that faced the interior pool/bar area. Having the balcony is a nice feature although I didn't get a chance to use it. The room is modern with disinfected phones & remotes, which I appreciate! I usually put hand sanitizer on these items when I use hotels. The room is large and showing onlyl miminal signs of wear.

Overall, pleasantly surprised with the condition of this hotel - just wish the location was different.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the first floor to avoid dragging luggage up stairs - i didn't see an elevator
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hello and Thank You for taking the time to write a review! I have great news for you! Soon the Princess Margaret Bridge will be open (only 14 more days!) and our location will be much more desirable to you-then we are only 6 minutes from anywhere downtown or uptown-you can actually get to the downtown area quicker from here than you can from an uptown location AND we are actually putting in an elevator within the next few months(tentatively scheduled for April)! We do have a lovely young lady training on our desk and I thank you for your compliment on her behalf-the other young lady unfortunately had a coldsore on her lip and what you saw was some medication but I certainly understand your error!I am happy to report she is all better now and I think you would find all of our front desk staff are friendly ad helpful so I thank you for noticing! Hope youwill be back-I am sure once the bridge is open you will find our location has great as any other! Thanks again!
Palm Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The staff is very friendly and most helpful and the location is especially good if you need to be on this side of the river considering the Princess Margaret Bridge is closed for repairs. Our room faces the courtyard and it is very dreary with no sunlight for a 6 day stay. Housekeeping services are good and the quality of the room is good with comfortable beds and large screen TV, coffee pot, etc all the essentials. Since we are both limited physically we chose a room close to the restaurant for our stay.

It was a big mistake as the quality of food served in the hotel dining room is beyond disappointing. We had a baked potato that must have been cooked the day previous served in foil with watered down sour cream. There was nothing fluffy about this spud considering it was grown in a place known for great potatoes. My carrot soup was nothing more than a flour paste with carrots chopped in it. Spaghetti was embarrassing with a tasteless sauce and over cooked spaghetti. We would never eat here again. The hotel needs to hire someone who cooks locally grown products. NB has an abundance of produce this time of the year and this place is serving frozen veggies. Shame, shame, on this cook. Does he/she not know there's a wonderful farmers market in Fredericton with every FRESH vegetable imaginable not to mention a fabulous vegetable stand just down the road from the hotel?

Room Tip: Pick a room on the outside not facing into the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Manager29, General Manager at Ramada Fredericton, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write your review-we appreciate all comments-both positive and negative!I an truly sorry for your dining experience and to be honest-truly shocked! we have always prided ourselves in our restaurant and its high quality but we obviously needed to take a second look-which is exactly what we have done! I have shared your comments with our kitchen staff and the servers and I am confident you would have a much better experince now! I love your suggestions and we have put them in place!Thank you and I do hope we will see you back!
Ouananiche
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our bookings were made online for 2 rooms with queen size beds 6 weeks ahead of our trip. When we arrived, we were put into adjoining rooms with two double beds. This was then changed for rooms with queen size beds, but the rooms were not adjoining. As well, the AC did not work in one of the rooms. After a long hard day of driving, any inconvenience is not welcome. I travel this way every year, but I think I will stay elsewhere in Fredericton next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi there-thank you for taking the tim eto write your review.I think I understand the problem-you booked on line(not sure which site you used?) but some on line sites do not offer complete details-the fact is we did not have any rooms with 2 queen beds that also adjoined-it would have had to have been either 2 rooms with double beds that adjoin, or 2 rooms with queen beds that do not adjoin-guess we picked the wrong room type as we assumed it would mean more to you to have them adjoin then the size of the bed.The good news is now we do have what you wanted-we have just finished upgrading almost all of our double beds to queen size so we now do offer adjoining rooms with queen size beds! Isn't that great?
My apologies for the A/C-not sure what the problem was now and we have actually had a great year with our A/C units-very few problems so I guess you were one of the unfortuante ones! Very sorry for that! Hope you will change your mind and try us again-I am sure your next experience will be a great on!
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were there for 1 day heading to pei and 1 day returning, Our first hotel room we stayed here on the first floor looked run down. However, the second time we went there returning was great. This time it was on the second floor. The drawback is that there are no elevators and need to trot all your luggage up the stairs. Otherwise, It is a great place as a 1 night stayover

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi there and thank you for taking the time to write your review! Good news-we are in the process of getting ready to install an eleavater within the next 6 months! So thats pretty exciting for us! I am sorry you didn't like your first floor room.however we will be doing some more renvations starting in January with wall coverings and carpet-since these rooms have already received all new furniture, tv's, and renovated bathrooms, I am sure youwill see a big difference on yoru next visit! Thanks again!
groves point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Had a wonderful night and actually got to meet the security on good terms. Rooms were immaculate, and the staff were second to none! As Arnold would say,"I'll be back!"

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much-really appreciate the wonderful comments and hope to see you back here again soon!
Miramichi, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This hotel is awesome!! We have stayed here numerous times and we always come back. The staff at this hotel are always very helpful and pleasant and there are lots of activities for the kids to do (swim, hot tub, golf, socialize in the courtyard). The food is great at the restuarant and we love the fact that we can order from the menu and have it delivered to our room and the prices are very reasonable! Finally, I have to say that this is a very clean hotel!

Room Tip: I love the courtyard rooms, they are a little louder but they are nice if you want to keep an eye on...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much-we love it when we get such wonderful positive comments! Thank you for taking the time to write-its really nice to get positive comments as well as the negaitive! Hope to see you back again soon!

Been to Ramada Fredericton? Share your experiences!