“Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton

You added Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   958 Prospect Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 2T8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is the best budget hotel in Fredericton. Its an older hotel & currently undergoing renovations. Very clean, with a huge tv & small fridge in rooms (very convenient)) & located close to shopping. The weather was cold & rainy, which made the indoor pool & hot tub all the more inviting during an off season visit. We do a lot of travelling & can be a little picky. So, keeping in mind that it is a budget hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. Would definitely return. Hotel accepts dogs at a very fair charge of $10 per night. The best part of our stay: we travelled with several other couples & families for a sporting event, and the extremely helpful staff opened up the breakfast area, free of charge, during the evening & allowed us to bring in our own snacks & drinks, and even provided a projector so we could stream in a soccer game. I can't thing of many hotels who would allow that, especially for free. Everyone in our group agreed they will return to this hotel during future visits.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Rothesay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The check is service was good however the check out service I felt that I was disturbing the employee keeping him from being somewhere else as he had a coffee and a jacket during the time he serve me and another guess.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

So due to a late booking I had no choice but stay at this hotel on Oct 23, 13. I have to say I would never return, I would rather sleep in my car. The guy that work the desk and bar at check in could really use a hospitality course. The girl that worked the desk on my arrival was very pleasant. I checked into the room which was ok for a cheap hotel but i had to take hay-fever medication to sleep due to the dust. The dust on top of things and along the carpet edges is, to be blunt, beyond anything I have ever seen in any hotel I have ever stayed in. Considering there was a plastic $1 coin from the Fredriction music fest that had dust on top of the cabinet, well it just speaks volumes how often they dust. The toilet had stains in it as well. The internet was spotty at best as well.
So then you go down for breakfast, they offer a descent selection for what it is but cold eggs, Oh yea then there was the tip jar, Never have I seen a tip jar for a self serve hotel breakfast. Why should I be presented with a tip cup? I stay mainly at breakfast included places and have never saw a beggars cup! this is very poor taste.

The bathroom by the eating area just smell rotten as does the pool area.

Room Tip: Dont check in.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton

Address: 958 Prospect Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 2T8, Canada
Location: Canada > New Brunswick > Fredericton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wandlyn Hotel Fredericton
Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton New Brunswick

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Fredericton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.