“Many complimentary services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   659 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5A6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Tokyo, Japan
“Many complimentary services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

As a Platinum Elite IHG Rewards Club Member, I received many complimentary services. There were some minuses on the hotel (such as outdated decor) but all the greatness erased the deficit to balance things out.

Location: In central part of downtown Fredericton, facing Saint John River.
Interior decor: Dated but not yet reached "antique" status.
Exterior appearance: Premier hotel in downtown Fredericton. 8 story
Outside view from the room I stayed at: New Brunswick provincial capital building - nice!
Room size: Upgraded to executive suite for about 70 square metres. Plenty of space to breath and stretch!
Price: Great value.
Service: Excellent - many freebies as a Platinum Elite IHG Rewards Club Member: Suite room upgrade, platinum member parking space, microbrew beer, mineral water, breakfast
Bed: King, medium

Room Tip: Suite room, facing New Brunswick Provincial Capital building.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hello setotravel,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, it is very much appreciated. It is great to see that you have visited so many places in the world and we hope to see you back in our beautiful City.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for the forst time because of an industry event and I was very pleased with the hotel. It has an old world feeling when you enter the lobby. Grand staircase giving it a very regal look. The rooms are nice not very large but the bed was very comfortable.
We had a dinner in one of the conference rooms.Usually those events have very unmemorable food but I have to say I was surprised at the quality of the food.
The restaurant served a very nice buffet. Both continental and full breakfast. Cost is a little high but it wasn't the highest I have paid in a hotel.
I will go back. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for river view rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hello Helenecarmelle ,

Thank you for your review, it is very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fredericton and to our Hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels every week for work. I have stayed in major chain hotels (Fairmont Sheraton Hilton etc) across Canada. I have been staying at the Lord Beaverbrook for a few weeks. I can honestly say this hotel is one of my favorites. They always make sure I get a gift in my room (beer and lobster potato chips!) and they really go out of their way to make things special. The morning restaurant staff have become my family away from home. Stay here - they deserve your business!

• Stayed November 2013
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello JPBCDNTraveller ,

Thank you for your review and your wonderful comments. I will be certain to share your feedback with our great staff here at the Crowne Plaza Lord Beavebrook Hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I was at the CPF for 2 nights to attend a conference at the convention centre, which was conveniently right across the street.

As soon as you walk in there's a beautiful old staircase that made me imagine ladies in beautiful gowns heading down for a night out.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

My room was on the sixth floor on the river side. It was a corner room, and had a lovely view.

The room was clean, shower pressure great, and there was a soft nightlight in the bathroom.

There was also a little aromatherapy kit to help you sleep and a Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee.

The area of the room was quiet. The windows did not open which is something I really like, but from outside it looked like some do open so I could have asked for it.

The bar downstairs is so comfortable, with beautiful floors and very spacious...we had a good time down there.

The parking lot was busy but I always found a spot.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would return.

• Stayed November 2013
Hello letsbefriends ,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. We hope you enjoyed the conference at the Fredericton Convention Centre.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This grand old hotel is sure showing its age. The carpets need replacing throughout. The rooms need a refresh. The walls need attention. It is obvious that some improvements have recently been made but there is still much to do. The hotel is conveniently located right downtown on the river. The legislature is across the street as is the new convention centre. The Beaverbrook Museum is next door. You have an easy walk to many fine restaurants downtown (the Palate is excellent). the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. The gym is well equiped and the aerobic machines are new. The James Joyce pub is a great spot for a quick pint or a bite to eat (the food is good and the price is reasonable). The main lobby shows that this hotel once shone brightly. I hope it does again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello JamesII,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in your review. We hope to see you return to our property the next time you visit Fredericton.

Portage la Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Really liked the hotel; bed was excellent, room was well laid out with nice touches. Hotel manager Geoff gave excellent help by making it possible for me to use my Apple TV by calling their internet provider and registering the ATV's wifi address/MAC address with them. Pool and hot tub were clean and large. I would come here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Rob F,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that we were able to assist you with your Apple TV and look forward to your return.

Best Regards,
New Brunswick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My reservation call went very well. Excellent front desk staff. However, The cleanliness of the hotel is among the worst I have seen. I was only there for one night. My room had a visible stain on the blanket, drywall screws held the window shut. The filter of the a/c unit was packed with dust and lint. Behind the dresser the rug was white with dust. The sun curtain was stained with water marks running down it and was torn in another location. The toilets air vent was filled with dust and lint. The bathtub tiled wall was covered with orange grime where the grout lines are. The entrance door to my room was marked all over with dirt and needed a washing in the very least, my neighbours door was in the same condition. The room had a stale smell from the lack of fresh air. The a/c unit blows it's air directly on the bed next to it making it very uncomfortable to sleep in. The spare blanket was not folded and certainly had not been washed and cleaned since the last use. Dust and hairs where apparent in the dresser drawers. The shower head ring had fallen off its mount and the hole it the tile was wide open. With all my hotel visits this is among the first ones where I felt the need to substantiate my writing this review with 17 pictures.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello thehotelier,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and strive to exceed our guests' expectations, however it appears we did not in your case. We welcome you to contact us directly at info@cpfredericton.com to discuss your stay and your concerns in greater detail.

Been to Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!