“Had A Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   659 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5A6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Saint John, Canada
“Had A Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I was at the CPF for 2 nights to attend a conference at the convention centre, which was conveniently right across the street.

As soon as you walk in there's a beautiful old staircase that made me imagine ladies in beautiful gowns heading down for a night out.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

My room was on the sixth floor on the river side. It was a corner room, and had a lovely view.

The room was clean, shower pressure great, and there was a soft nightlight in the bathroom.

There was also a little aromatherapy kit to help you sleep and a Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee.

The area of the room was quiet. The windows did not open which is something I really like, but from outside it looked like some do open so I could have asked for it.

The bar downstairs is so comfortable, with beautiful floors and very spacious...we had a good time down there.

The parking lot was busy but I always found a spot.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would return.

• Stayed November 2013
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello letsbefriends ,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. We hope you enjoyed the conference at the Fredericton Convention Centre.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This grand old hotel is sure showing its age. The carpets need replacing throughout. The rooms need a refresh. The walls need attention. It is obvious that some improvements have recently been made but there is still much to do. The hotel is conveniently located right downtown on the river. The legislature is across the street as is the new convention centre. The Beaverbrook Museum is next door. You have an easy walk to many fine restaurants downtown (the Palate is excellent). the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. The gym is well equiped and the aerobic machines are new. The James Joyce pub is a great spot for a quick pint or a bite to eat (the food is good and the price is reasonable). The main lobby shows that this hotel once shone brightly. I hope it does again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello JamesII,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in your review. We hope to see you return to our property the next time you visit Fredericton.

Portage la Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Really liked the hotel; bed was excellent, room was well laid out with nice touches. Hotel manager Geoff gave excellent help by making it possible for me to use my Apple TV by calling their internet provider and registering the ATV's wifi address/MAC address with them. Pool and hot tub were clean and large. I would come here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Rob F,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that we were able to assist you with your Apple TV and look forward to your return.

Best Regards,
New Brunswick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My reservation call went very well. Excellent front desk staff. However, The cleanliness of the hotel is among the worst I have seen. I was only there for one night. My room had a visible stain on the blanket, drywall screws held the window shut. The filter of the a/c unit was packed with dust and lint. Behind the dresser the rug was white with dust. The sun curtain was stained with water marks running down it and was torn in another location. The toilets air vent was filled with dust and lint. The bathtub tiled wall was covered with orange grime where the grout lines are. The entrance door to my room was marked all over with dirt and needed a washing in the very least, my neighbours door was in the same condition. The room had a stale smell from the lack of fresh air. The a/c unit blows it's air directly on the bed next to it making it very uncomfortable to sleep in. The spare blanket was not folded and certainly had not been washed and cleaned since the last use. Dust and hairs where apparent in the dresser drawers. The shower head ring had fallen off its mount and the hole it the tile was wide open. With all my hotel visits this is among the first ones where I felt the need to substantiate my writing this review with 17 pictures.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello thehotelier,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and strive to exceed our guests' expectations, however it appears we did not in your case. We welcome you to contact us directly at info@cpfredericton.com to discuss your stay and your concerns in greater detail.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the Lord Beaverbrook during the Harvest Jazz and Blues festival and had a nice stay. My room was huge with 2 double beds and a massive telly and had all the facilities I needed including a much welcome coffee maker. From my window I had a lovely view out over the river and the air conditioning was very good as it was quite sticky outside and this enabled me to get a good nights sleep. I did not eat at the hotel but the food looked good and the pub looked like a nice place to unwind after a hard day.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back with views of the river
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello monkeychops181,

Thank you for your review, we hope you had a wonderful time in Fredericton at the Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival.

Best Regards,
Ottawa, ON, CAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I arrived late, around 10:30 pm, for one night. The check in was quick. The hoetl is conveniently located downtown, and in a quiet area. The room was big, with a Keurig for coffee in the am! I was so happy!!! The air unti was over by the bathroom and not blowing on the beds. Everything was great until I went to get my rental car and the window had nearly been punched in. No one had said anything when I checked out in the am...but waited until 4pm when I was leaving and only beacause I needed someone to get me a broom. The worst was the manager, last name Gallant, told me they had seen it happen 15 min after I had arrived. Sorry, the worst was being told that I was the only patron it happened to, when I arrived at the airport the rental agency told me another car had been vandalized! Vandalism happens - and I didn't blame the hotel and the manager. What I am angry at is that NO ONE TOLD me until it was very late in the day, and I had to drive 3hrs with a broken window!!!

• Stayed September 2013
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello BugforTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay with us. We apologize that your rental vehicle was damaged and did report the incident that day to our local authorities for further investigation.

Regards,
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Staff was very friendly, room was clean and had all the extras that you may forget! I also liked the quality of the complimentary shampoos and creams they had in the bathroom. We needed a fridge to store our babies' milk and while apparently some rooms have fridges, ours did not as they were booked up for wedding season. However, the staff put it in a fridge and gave us a claim tag so that we could easily get it from the front desk. They were very helpful.

The bar had good food and the breakfast in the main restaurant was good, although the brunch was quite expensive. And, the restaurant didn't really have anything for our 6-month old (like bananas or other fruit), which seemed odd to me, but maybe that is expecting too much.

Parking was free, although I noticed it was advertised for $10 a day, I think. Perhaps because we paid on points, parking was included - I'm not sure.

Pool was great and clean and the large hot tub in the pool area was a nice place to relax.

The hotel is located right downtown, within walking distance to the Saturday farmer's market, which was also really fun to visit!

All in all, it was a nice place and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Aventuriers_13,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Fredericton and that you had the chance to visit our busy Saturday farmer's market. We hope to see you again the next time you are in our City.

Regards,

Been to Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!