“Snowbound” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   659 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5A6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Fredericton
Ontario
“Snowbound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

3 night unplanned stay due to the blizzard of 2013. Good sized, clean rooms. Staff are very friendly. My stay, although I was snowed in as flights weren't leaving the airport, was good. As the weather was really bad I had my meals in my room. Room service, price and food were all excellent. There were a couple of glitches. I had a very noisy couple next door for 2 days. I was surprised to find that they were in their 70's as they had people coming and going, talking very loudly in the hallway and slamming the door from 7:30 in the morning till 10:30 at night. At that time I called the front desk and complained and they must have attended the room and spoke with them as it quieted down then, until 7:30 the next morning. The other thing was that they do not have a small convenience store in the hotel or even within walking distance. In spite of these two glitches I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello landroverOntario,

Thank you for your valuable feedback from your storm-stayed visit in Fredericton. We are pleased that you had enjoyable in-room dining experiences and hope to welcome you back under sunnier circumstances.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Seamless, welcoming check-in and the room was exactly as promised, King on a quiet floor. The usual Crowne Plaza amenities. Clean. The one negative I'll mention is lighting ... room I was in and the public areas could use a bit brighter lighting. I arrived 8ish in the evening and found restos on site pretty empty. Terrace Room was my choice ... TERRIFIC food and service. Did room service for breakfast the following morning ... fast, friendly, great food and coffee and incredibly reasonable prices. My clients usually book me into the Delta - it was full with a major conference. This is an excellent alternative.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 'a quiet floor'.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear TO_Trips,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your first stay with us and hope that in the future the Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook Hotel will be your hotel of choice in Fredericton.

NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our wedding night in November 2012 and we were very impressed with the service/room we got. The Jacuzzi suite room we got was spacious, clean, quiet and even had rose pedals on the bed. We had a flight the next morning at 5:30am so we didn't get to try breakfast. The lobby is beautiful!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite is awesome!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello Lisa W,

Thank you for your wonderful comments from your stay with us in November. We are very pleased that you and your husband enjoyed a great experience at the Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook Hotel.

All the best,
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook provides such quick access to the Centennial Building if you are in town conducting government business. It's also in very close proximty to downtown and offers a wonderful dining experience of its own. If you're looking for exercise they have a full size pool as well.

Room Tip: pick a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Leasiders,

Thank you for the great comments about our property and our location as Fredericton's only downtown Hotel. We look forward to your return to our beautiful City and to our Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I've been lucky enough to stay at this hotel a few times and I have always enjoyed the service and cleanliness of the rooms. Everything is always set up properly. It is near some good pubs and restaurants and has a good gym and pool. For those that enjoy CROSSFIT there is a club attached to the hotel although it is not part of the crown label they do accept outsiders for workouts.

I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2012
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Mista_Sizzla,

Thank you very much for your recommendation and your comments from your previous stays at the Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2013.

Regards,
Dartmouth, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed 3 nights, on the second morning I was congested and know once in a while I will get subtle allegies when leaves are falling. However this seemed to only happen after I awoke.
Third morning before checking out my phone/alarm slipped down beside bed and I had to move bed away from wall. I was aghast to see the amount of dust/ mold whatever I am not sure, but was disgusted. I kept the bed pulled out and went to the checkout and advised the day supervisor at the desk. i ALSO FILLED OUT A COMPLAINT CARD WITH PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS. To date I have not had a single response, and had specifically asked the day supervisor to follow up with me, at $140.00 per night plus $10 parking fee, I expected more. I am a gold elite member and have stayed with this chain many times. I almost feel this issue was covered up very quickly and my response card was mysteriously lost. I unfortunately was going to stay at the Best Western Fredericton but they were booked. I realize they are a little further out of the way but have always had a great room and exceptional service, without the 3 inch thick layer of dust behind the headboard. I am going to Fredericton again in a few weeks and based on the lack of response from the Crowne will be staying at Best western.

Room Tip: Check bewhind headboards before deciding on the room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Hello Bluenoser51,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments from your stay with us. We strive to respond to each and every guest comment and will certainly look into your written comment card. We hope to have the opportunity to have you return to stay with us in the future and welcome you to call our hotel directly to discuss your concerns further.

Georgetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

internet access works fine, business center is ok, but lacking a scanner, or multifunction printer.
Odd trek to the gym, it is a bit small and all the equipment was in use when i went by.
room is very clean and quiet
did not like the step at the front since my bag was heavy and the only ramp or incline was at the other end of the driveway.
not sure why the shower head was pretty well at my eye level - and I'm only 5'10"
resturant was very nice and not too pricey. I went for a walk and found Cora nearby and will be going there for tomorrows breakfast
like that I can open my windows
something wrong with the TV cable since most of the channels are snowy.
enjoyed the spa pack that was left on the bed.

Room Tip: lots of places to go out and eat at instead of the pricey hotel resturant
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello georgetown_minky,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments from your stay at the Crowne Plaza Fredericton Lord Beaverbrook Hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Been to Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!