“Good place to go while waiting for the tide to change at Hopewell Rocks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Enrage

Type: Geologic Formations, Outdoors
Activities: Hiking
NE PA
15 attraction reviews
“Good place to go while waiting for the tide to change at Hopewell Rocks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went to Hopewell Rocks for high tide and while waiting for low tide took a ride to Cape Enrage for lunch. There is a admission fee . There was a helpful woman guide who took our picture and told us about the place. It was extremely windy so it lived up to it's name! Our lunch was pretty good. I got the grilled caeser salad which had a mayonnaise dressing with red peppercorns. It was not the best I've ever had but it is not usually seen on menus so I was glad to have it. The seafood chowder was full of seafood and also had dried lime leaves and coriander in it. I liked the touch of citrus. It was around $30. There was not much else to do mid-week in Sept. but it was a nice way to while away the time waiting to return to Hopewell rocks.

Toronto, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Picturesque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Visited Cape Enrage during the week in September so the zipline and the rappelling were not operating the day I was there but apparently they are open on the weekends.
Nice rustic drive to get there and then awesome views. The restaurant has take out as well as sit down and is fully licensed. Enjoyable place to visit and only a short drive from the Hopewell Rocks and the Fundy Park. Hope to return when the zipline is open

New York City, New York
29 attraction reviews
“Lovely spot for beginner ziplining --- and super lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our kids have been bugging us to try ziplining for a while. This was a great spot for them to do it! It's practically like ziplining over the ocean.

Surprisingly, a gourmet restaurant is tucked away in a modest red-shingled home here. There is little to do here, but we had a lovely sunny day and were totally content with good food, the view, and a little cheap thrill (zipline).

Visited August 2013
NH
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful location, great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a cute little area of New Brunswick between the National Park and Hopewell Rocks. I am not a climber, which seems to be popular here- there was also a zip line. I did enjoy the view and the picturesque lighthouse. I came here because I was camping at Wolfe Point and the afternoon was drizzely. We decided to stay for dinner because the menu looked great. Very good decision- I was not expecting such amazing food in such a remote location! I got to try a few of the local wines (didn't have time this visit to tour any local wineries)- a blackberry port, a blueberry wine and a rhubarb wine- how fun! There was a fee to enter unless you made dinner reservations. Great deal.

Visited August 2013
Fergus, Canada
“A very special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I were there the second week of September and decided to drive "off the beaten track". It was very windy and a bit chilly and wonderful with one of the most amazing views we saw on our Nova Scotia trip. It quite fits the French name, "Cap Enrager". It was recommended to us by the Tourist receptionist at Hopewell Rocks, earlier in the day, as one of the best places to view the Bay of Fundy and a great place to have a meal with the new chef that creates unique dishes. We went up to the lighthouse, but did not venture too much further, because it was so windy and cool.
The quaint restaurant with an amazing view, had the best chowder we had on our east coast trip, with lots of seafood, vegetables and complex spices/herbs. I had the seafood linquine which was great, and a very special tasting local Pumphouse blueberry ale. The volunteer was very knowledgeable with the interpretation and history of the place, and it was evident how much she loved the spot. I highly recommend this and it is not to be missed, if you are in the Fundy Park area.