“Overnight stay following flights from UK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel & Suites Winnipeg Airport

You added Sandman Hotel & Suites Winnipeg Airport to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel & Suites Winnipeg Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1750 Sargent Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0C7, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay following flights from UK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed overnight following 2 flights from the UK. The Hotel is modern, the rooms well equiped and spacious. The Double Bed was enormous! The nearby Denny's Diner was handy for meals. I used the pool and whirlpool before breakfast, both were very good. All areas and the room were very clean and tidy. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The room was fine. Check that the AC is working as it can by noisy at times.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

On a recent business trip, I left my son's Canon T3i camera and case in my room while I attended meetings. When I returned, the camera and case were missing. My computer was still on the table as it was connected with various power sources/cables. I spoke with management and they said I had no proof it was even there to begin with and they don't have any cameras in the hallway to check. I can only think that it was taken while the maid was cleaning in the back of the room and had the door propped open.
Sadly, this is my corporate hotel with which we have hundreds of stays a year....I feel like my patronage is not valued nor appreciated as they did nothing to offer any sort of compensation. A police report has been filed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are nice and the staff are very polite. The price is a little high, but if you have a CPSA card, it's worth it! The restaurant next door was very nice and there is a grocery store within walking distance if you are staying for a few days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel Appeal - 5 stars. This is a big, modern looking facility and inside is no different. You are greeted by huge ceilings and ritzy decor that makes you believe you're paying more than you are. Security protocols deter drunken troublemakers from being on each individual floor, which is comforting, although the location itself is quite a ways away from the major clubs in the city.

Staff - 5 Stars. Front desk attendant "Nicole", was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the city, the hotel, and administrative questions. The room was freshly cleaned daily by a friendly cleaning staff who were flexible with our changing daily routines. Individual requests were handled swiftly, and room service was hospitable and prompt!

Food - 5 Stars. This hotel offers you two choices when it's time to eat, and although Denny's is known as an unhealthy venue, it's making strides to appeal to the healthy eater with a new menu sprinkled with low fat, high protein options for the "life conscious" folk. We definitely recommend the "Pancake Puppies", even if they're full of sugar. For an evening date with your wife, CHOP steakhouse is a high end establishment with suprisingly low prices. Walking through the 15 foot tall doors, most would expect prices to be as extravagant. Our damage for two large and succulent steak dinners with drinks and a 20% gratuity was under 100 dollars. Can't beat that. I DID have a little trouble concentrating on giving the order, as my waitress wore a little red dress that nearly got me in trouble with the wife a few times. I would hardly call that a complaint, though.

Comfort - 4 Stars. While the rooms in this hotel are of adequate size, and mainly updated with new, large beds, and modernized vanities, I found the most surprising disappointment of our stay was SOMETHING about the bed. I tried for a week to figure out what was causing me to sleep poorly, and never did I find an answer. What I can assure readers is, without a doubt, that it is not due to hotel neglect. I believe it may have been the stiffness of the mattress, or the fluffiness of the pillows. I struggle to decide if this is a worthy complaint or not, but since I had 5 nights of restless sleep, I will give this comfort review a 4 star, vice 5.

I have read earlier reviews of noise and smells. Let me update anybody left reading that these problems have been resolved or were unfounded in the first place. Never smelled smoke, never awoke due to noise.

Overall, this is a 5 star establishment at 3 star prices. I recommend anybody looking for a welcoming, friendly stay, to give this place a try.

Thank you, Sandman, you made our trip to Winnipeg that much easier!

Room Tip: 353 is facing the east side of the building where there is no parking lot, so there is ZERO traffic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for work for one night . The hotel itself is in the middle of an industrial park or something like it , there is very little pedestrian traffic around it , so Is not a hotel where you can just go for a walk, However the hotel has a denny's and a chop's grill so food shouldn't be a problem. The service is good. The suites are big , I had a one bedroom suite , which is good for a family or for salespeople with appointments at the hotel. The furnishings a very basic. There is a little kitchenette. the bed itself is queen with a comfortable mattress and a horrible and I mean horrible dry yellow polyester blanket that scratches your skin when you touch it.! I ordered an extra sheet to cover the top of it so my body wouldn't touch it. that was a very big turn off. The blanket is covered by a thick duvet cover that I would never use to sleep. although it didn't look dirty at plain sight, You know what they say about duvet covers in hotels... , so I just took it an threw it in a corner. Besides that the hotel is ok. remember, you are in Winnipeg. The internet connection is free and reliable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We got a great rate for a stopover for a 2 week vacation. Cheaper then park n fly for the 2 weeks and very close to airport. Asked for fridge in room and provided one at no charge. They have free shuttle to airport and pick up when you get back. Great service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was here on business in late January for 4 nights. This place is 5 minutes from the Airport which was a bonus for sure. Quiet hotel and close to shopping and walking distance to Tim Hortons. It was -40 when I was here so I was glad there wasn't any problem with the heat. The maids keep the place nice and clean. Had dinner at Denny's a couple of nights which was attached to the hotel. I never got a chance to try the Chop Steak House attached to the other side of the Hotel but heard it was good as well - but pricey. Would stay here again if I ever travel to Winnipeg again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sandman Hotel & Suites Winnipeg Airport? Share your experiences!