“Great food, great prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Sophie Bistro & Pizzeria

Chez Sophie Bistro & Pizzeria
248, avenue de la Cathedrale, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H0H8, Canada (Central St. Boniface)
204-235-0353
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central St. Boniface
East St. Paul
“Great food, great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This restaurant is small and has a great food and reasonable prices. The waitress was very friendly. It is best to be have reservations.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Pordenone, Italy
“It was ok at best. There are so many other options elsewhere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

After reading all the positive reviews on Trip advisor I had high hopes that Chez Sophie Bistro was going to make for an excellent dinner choice for my husband and me. We arrived at 5pm when they opened and though we didn’t have dinner reservations were seated promptly. The location is oddly located in more of a residential area and the blue building sticks out like more of an eye sore to the community rather than a warm inviting bistro. The inside is very small even for a bistro, and while the décor is charming enough the close proximity to the kitchen and the serving window it kind of takes away from the charm. The menu itself was very all over the place as far as cuisine options, and to be honest I wasn’t impressed. There were pasta dishes but nothing that stuck out as being worth the price asked. I found it unusual that this place was more Bistro-esque with the pasta and pizza but then offered options like steak and filet mignon with seemed a little too gourmet for this place, and unfortunately the whole menu was more gourmet pricing. We decided to try both mediums of the menu and ordered peppercorn steak and a pizza, and while both were good I feel that the price asked did not match up to the food quality we received. The service was ok at best. Eventually the restaurant filled up but since everyone is close to one another and with the noise from the kitchen being right there it was hard to have a conversation without feeling like I had to raise my voice, or block out all the other conversations happening around me. I have tried many different restaurants in Winnipeg while visiting Canada and feel that this overall experience was lacking. If you’re a family or going out for a romantic dinner I would advise elsewhere, this was more suited for lunch type place with a friend.

Visited December 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Homey and Better Than Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

2nd time there. Hard to get in due to cramped space, so reserve well ahead. Very eclectic menu, but check the specials board. Nice wine list and service was very good.

Visited October 2012
Winnipeg
“best pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I would never have ordered a pizza with a white sauce, however I was joining friends for dinner and they ordered a large Raclette. The pizza comes with a cream sauce, onions, ham, bacon and Trappist cheese. It was by far the best pizza I have ever tasted. The place is a little cramped but the staff are great and the atmosphere is warm and friendly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winnipeg, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Chez Sophie on a whim to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't have a reservation but got in right away (it was fairly late on a Saturday evening). The place is very cozy and had a lovely atmosphere. The food was delicious and we both swear they serve the BEST tomato soup we've ever tried.

• Visited May 2012