“Great food and wonderful service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thida's Thai

Thida's Thai
72 Donald, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 1L7, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)
204-942-2639
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 1,360 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
“Great food and wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

I have eaten here many times and the food is great, well priced and excellent service.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Winnipeg
“A Thiadal wave of pleasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

A group of seven of us visited this little gem for our monthly dinner club. It was awesome! Our favorite dish was the fried basa fish with sweet chili sauce. The crab wantons with peanut or sweet chili sauce were to die for! The waiter was excellent and very helpful. We ordered 8 different dishes and shared them. It really allowed us to experience a wide variety of what they had to offer. We will definitely be back. Parking on Donald was free after 5:30pm.

• Visited January 2011
Kelowna, Canada
“Don't believe the hype”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I'd been having a great streak of luck trying restaurants recommended by trip advisor while on business in Winnipeg. That streak ended at Thida's. I wish I could say better things about the food, because the service was good and more than that the staff was extremely friendly and likable.

However, the food was poor. I had the Tuesday lunch special, Thai style sweet and sour pork rib. Except for the fresh tomatoes cut in quarters and an out of place afterthought on top of my dish all the vegetables had the look, taste, and texture of being factory cut and frozen. The rice was lukewarm. I was asked if I would like it spicy, on the scale of ten suggested by the server I asked for a 9. There was not even a slight tingle on my lips from spice, and I had to ask for a side of hot sauce.

To sum up, it is very hard to make a great dish if you do not start with great, fresh ingredients. I hope Thida's learns this soon and can make some changes to live up to their other reviews. It seems like everyone is so distracted by the quantity of food on their plate they have forgotten to care about the quality.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent curry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I have a soft spot for Thai curry, and Thida's Thai's is amazing! They serve big plates, so be sure to be hungry or share with your friends. I would recommend getting an order of spring rolls too: they serve it with a silky peanut sauce that is divine! I would certainly go back!

Manitoba
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

The prices are very reasonable for the size of the serving. It's about $10-$13 for a dish which two people can share. Try the fried basa fish with sweet chili sauce. The curries leave a fresh taste. The fried rice is always tasty.
It is located on a one way street. There is free parking close by but it fill up quick. There is paid parking across.
It's dark inside and mediocrely decorated but it is clean regardless and worth the price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere