“Easy atmosphere and attentive service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Keg

The Keg
115 Garry St., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 1G5, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)
204-942-7619
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Canberra, Australia
“Easy atmosphere and attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

In Winnipeg on the way to see Polar bears. Found The Keg and enjoyed it greatly. Was told there would be a 25 min wait so headed to the bar. Ordered a glass of wine each and before they were poured our table was ready. Service was excellent thanks to Jason. Food was well presented and very tasty, price was very reasonable. Would return anytime.

Visited November 2013

72% Recommend
Winnipeg, MB
“Consistently GOOD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We visit the Keg regularly for dinner on special occasions. The Garry Street location seems to be the most consistent for good food and service. Our only complaint is that the restaurant lighting is a little too dim, but this won't stop us from returning. The servers have always been top-notch...very friendly and helpful.
I would have rated as excellent if the portions were larger, but at least this gives us a good reason to hit up Baked Expectations (5 min drive away) for dessert!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Really Good Bordering Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's a very nice restaurant with an old time English feel... Steaks are excellent along with the atmosphere... Beer selection was plentiful along with the wine... I tried the escargot which I didn't enjoy but it was ok... The waiter was good and efficient... All in all it was a very good experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
minnesota
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me start out by saying the server was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, he was the only good thing I can say about our experience. The food was slow to come out of the kitchen, the portions were small and the quality was inconsistant. I had a sirloin that was over-cooked and the garlic mashed came out luke warm. The bread was good, but due to the kitchen issues, it did little to make up for the rest of the meal. For the price of this restaurant, I would expect to leave feeling full and satisfied. That was not the case. We left hungry and dissatisfied.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg
“Don't come here before a Jets game”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had the unfortunate experience of eating here before a Jets game. It took over 45 minutes just to get our salads. We had to ask for the bill before the steaks even came, so we were unable to enjoy our meal. I had to eat so fast in order to make it for puck drop, that I can't comment on the quality of food. The manager did apologize for the delay, however nothing else. Typically, most restaurants would offer some sort of gesture (like a free salad or dessert)....nope, not here. I was very disspointed. It's disappointing paying a lot of money for a dinner and not getting to enjoy it.
As an aside this is the second time coming before a Jets game. The first time we accidentaly made reservations at the wrong Keg. The hostess was extremely bi**hy and pretty much told us tough luck. I know it was our mistake, but she could have offered to get us in as soon as possible or been a little more polite. I won't be coming back here, and I recommend not coming here before a Jets game. There are way better options out there.

• Visited October 2013