“I didn't order Onion Rings!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pasquale's Italian Restaurant

Pasquale's Italian Restaurant
109 Marion St, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 0T2, Canada (Formerly Pasquale's Restaurant)
(204) 231-1403
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Winnipeg, Canada
“I didn't order Onion Rings!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you go here I would suggest sticking with the pizza which looked delicious after being delivered to the table next to us. I wish I had taken my own advice. Went to Pasquales for dinner last night - won't rush back. Sat on the patio which is on the 2nd floor - nice because you avoid the fuel smell from the cars travelling down Marion. Previous visists have been great - last nights was disappointing to say the least. Caesar salad was flavourful but the dressing was wet & slide off the lettuce, the greens wilted, there must have been a crouton shortage as there were only 5 on my plate and they weren't very generous, a plop of cheese in the middle. Bruschetta had such large chunks of garlic they had to be chewed and actually made my throat burn (and I'm a garlic lover). The cheese bread appeared to have some kind of processed cheese whiz type product spread under the broiled mozerella. The calamari at first glance resembled an order of onion rings - the frozen processed ones you can buy at the grocery store to bake in your oven at home. What a disappointment! Salty and rubbery - definately not up to standards of this restaruant which was either having a bad night or has gone drastically down hill since my last visit. I'm floored with the number of restaurants in Winnipeg that an italian restaurant would serve a product like that and then have the nerve to chage $11.95 for it. Service was mediocre. $32 for 2 virgin caesars, a side salad & calamari, tax & tip. My money definately would have been better off spent elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great food, large portion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

A friend and I met for drinks and appetizers at this restaurant. It is one of her favorites and I had never been. My bruscetta portion was massive, and I definitely didn't need supper afterwards. Nothing fancy, but quite tasty. I will definitely go back with my husband. Not really a place to take the kids, but maybe when they are older.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have been to Pasquale's a number of times and the food is almost always top notch. Caesar salads have a very tasty dressing, fresh rolls are delicious and the pasta dishes are all wonderful. I have tried the veal a number of times and it is usually tender and well prepared. On a recent visit however, the veal was rather tough -- but this was an exception. The noise level can be a bit high, but it is a very good Italian restaurnant overall.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Québec
“Where is "Mama"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

If this is a family restaurant, with family recipes and family know how...someone lost touch with its roots. One of the most ordinary pizza I have ever tasted. Hard crust not cooked under the topping, tasteless topping, zero ambiance, ugly thick beige plastic table cloth, warm wine...forget it...italian food is too good to waste an italian meal at Pasquale's.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kamloops, Canada
“After the Game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

After the Jets afternoon game, we decided to stop by Pasquales for Dinner, we didnt have a reservation but were squeezed in. It was a delight, great food nice staff and we didnt feel rushed ar all even though there was a large group behind us.
We will be back for sure.

• Visited April 2013