“A Lovely Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fude Inspired Cuisine & Wine Bar

Fude Inspired Cuisine & Wine Bar
99 Osborne Street (River Avenue) | Suite 303, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3L 2P7, Canada
+1 204-284-3833
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 1,298 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Breaking News: We are the Restaurant of the Year for 2014 as awarded by Ciao magazine! The Best Winnipeg Restaurants had Fude join their ranks 12 years ago... ....According to our regulars. Fude is simply one of the most loved Winnipeg restaurants. Some have even said one of the best Winnipeg restaurants! You can see what people are saying about Fude, the best restaurant in Winnipeg? What we say is that Fude is just what it looks like; a twist on the ordinary, a bit of the unexpected, mixed with a healthy dose of creativity. We don't take ourselves too seriously here in Winnipeg, just the food. We make it all in-house, we make it fresh, and we make it good.... That's what Fude is. We are proud to be rated as one of the best Winnipeg restaurants.
Winnipeg
“A Lovely Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I took my wife to Fude for our anniversary. We were greeted by the owner who asked us if we had been there before, which we had. He kindly informed us that they have a one-bite guarantee; if you don't love your dish after one bite, return it for another dish at no charge. Well, let me tell you Mr. Owner, there was no need to return anything!! My wife enjoyed every bit of all the dishes we got from the fish tacos to the baked brie, “Ménage a Trois” and especially the bruschetta. I seriously couldn't believe the amazing flavours of the bruschetta and of the rhubard chutney on the pork!! I would recommend Fude to anyone, your palaete will thank you.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Blown away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Ingenious combinations of flavor. Every dish a delight. Highly recommend going. They turn the ordinary into the extraordinary, and come up with combinations that produce unexpectedly great results. Marvellous selection of wines as well.

Winnipeg, Canada
“The BEST Customer Service in Winnipeg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had been seated on the patio during a busy switching period. No one said a word to us for about 20 minutes.

When we were finally acknowledged, we told our server that we had been waiting for quite a while. We then placed our order and eventually enjoyed an app and a couple of Martinis.

When our bill arrived, we were told that it would all be on the house. What a shock! Where else do you get that sort of service?? It's these sort of details that will keep us (quite happily) coming back for more!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best place in Winnipeg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

You get way more than you pay for.

Food is trendy and delicious. Great location. Great service. Intimate atmosphere.

Cant say I've ever had a bad experience. Their VIP rewards keep giving you incentives to go to the great place.

My only negative is the location as parking is not easy to find, but well worh the slight walk!

Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Steveston, Canada
“Fabulous Fude !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

A wonderful evening - greeted and seated by the delightful owner, Chris - fabulous service and delicious food - my tomato, cucumber and blue cheese salad was a great combination of flavours, crisp and fresh. My friend had the seafood soup - she really enjoyed it. I chose the spice dusted pork tenderloin with rhubarb chutney - a taste sensation. And I loved the mushroom wild rice. Continuing the meat theme my friend had the AAA Angus steak and it was a big hit. The cucumber water and refreshing fruit puree drinks were a great alternative to wine since we were having an alcohol free night. The staff let us relaxfor awhile and then we had to make room for an amazing desset - blueberry waffles with poached nectarines, a sccop of delectable vanilla bean ice cream and caramel drizzle...I will be back soon

• Visited August 2012