“Not so clean!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Not so clean!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

First of all let me just say that normally I love taking the family to Boston Pizza. The Tuscan pizza is to die for and the kids really enjoy their meal, coloring and tiny dessert. However this time around I felt the need to write a review because of their sorry excuse for cleanliness. Three of us ordered coffee and two people had some kind of disgusting brown stuff stuck on their spoons. I'm guessing it was chocolate from a previous customer. GROSS!!!!!!! Also the cutlery in general was very dirty looking. My spoon was already in my coffee so if there was any brown stuff on my spoon then I am sure it melted away. (puke!) The coffee was NOT hot! I also asked if I could order the smores dessert and was told they didn't have the stuff to make it! WHAT??? What kind of restaurant runs out of ingrediants?!!!! A poorly managed one! I will go back because hey it's Boston Pizza and the waitress was very apologetic and nice. She should have mentioned the filthy spoons to the manager and he/she should have given us our coffee for free. I probably wouldn't have written this review if we were treated a little better that evening.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

44% Recommend
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visit Boston Pizza at least once a month. Food is excellent, good variety with great service. Weekly specials are great and the menu never gets boring.

Visited April 2013
Winnipeg
“A good supper with our granddaughters, just watch what you order”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Having our two granddaughters for the weekend doesn't occur very often so this was an occasion to take them somewhere else than the usual fast food places such as McD's, Wendy's, etc. We were promptly seated (we were surprised that there was no line up) and drinks were taken. Our 4-year old granddaughter was also given crayons and colouring paper which she appreciated. It took a while to figure out the menu as we hadn't been there in a while and also noticed what we thought was a big increase in prices. In any case, our drinks came quickly and we ordered a couple of pasta dishes, ribs for me, and sliders and fries (from the children's menu) for the 4-year old. The food took some time to come and when it did, it was just so-so in temperature - disappointing for a restaurant that did not seem to be overly busy at the time we were there (5 p.m.). Now, we weren't sure that our picky 4-year-old would like the sliders but we were sure she would eat the fries - not; they were somewhat spicy for her and she just refused to eat them. In fact, we found all the entrées to be on the spicy side, even though there was no indication of this in the menu (spicy items are marked with a small flame icon). My mouth was just burning by the time I was finished. I guess my appetite overcame any reluctance at eating hot food. Everything was cold by the time we were finished, and we noticed that the restaurant had become very noisy at this point with more customers but also the noise from the open kitchen, just 5 or so meters from our table (why do so many restaurants do this? It just destroys the ambiance, in our opinion). In any case, service was OK, not overly attentive but adequate and our server was friendly and helpful. I am not sure this is where I would bring our granddaughters in future; it's more expensive than I remember and our experience with the spiciness of the food is just not desirable.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dominion City
“Price increase”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The old girl and loved to eat here,on our way out of the city. The food is good, decor good and sevice fine. Have stopped in many time over the years, and early this year notice a large price increase.
Is this because of the outrages Taxes on businiess in manitoba? We may go again in the future but not for awhile.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Good sized menu. Great place to meet the gang.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been there for baseball, volleyball and hockey dinners. A largish menu with many items, reasonably priced. Not the best in town certainly but good value and fast service.

Visited December 2012