“A neighbourhood gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winnipeg
“A neighbourhood gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

After driving by this restaurant hundreds of times, we finally visited. Friends had told us to get there early, so we were there by 5:15pm and had no trouble finding a table, although it was full when we left and I can understand why!! This was one of the best meals we've had in a Winnipeg restaurant in a very long time. My Italian sausage pizza was original and so tasty. My husband had the Cioppino: spicy Mediterranean seafood soup with prawns, scallops, fish, mussels and clams with saffron, fennel, and tomato served with grilled Portuguese water bread. Wow. We shared warm dessert and a cup of tea before heading back out into a Manitoba snowstorm. Simple but lovely atmosphere. We'll be back!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto, Canada
“Small, but mighty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We read earlier reviews and went as early as we could, and still ended up sitting at the bar. That, of course, makes no difference to the taste of the food! The wait staff were excellent and knew the products and had recommendations. My husband and I shared the roasted beet salad/goat cheese salad. Delicious and plenty for two! For my main I had the Roasted chicken breast...very tasty and more than I could comfortably eat. Pizzas were very popular and we watched staff staying busy putting them together. There was a constant line of folks waiting for seats. Be early or prepare to wait. No reservations taken.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Forman, North Dakota
“A Wonderful Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would 100% without reservation recommend the Bonfire Bistro to anyone visiting Winnipeg. They keep their menu simple and they do everything well. The waitstaff is fast and courteous. My boyfriend and I went here for lunch, I had the La Bamba Chicken pizza. It has a bit of a kick, but nothing overwhelming. All of the food being served looks fresh and you can tell they take pride in their product. I would definitely come back here, and am interested in trying their evening specials as well.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winnipeg, Manaitoba, Canada
“Wonderful place for family and friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been twice. The first time we went as 2 couples. The second time as a family of four. The meals are amazing!! High quality, perfect quantity, perfect temperatures, service speed paced intuitively to what you need, friendly and helpful staff...only complaint I would have is the limited parking options but, hey, at least it's free! Definitely have the beet salad and the mushroom pizza!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flin Flon, Canada
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Their pizza and beet salad make this restaurant awesome for lunch. My girlfriend and I were very impressed with the quality of food at this restaurant. We are excited to try it for supper and try some more of their culinary delights.

Visited June 2013