“A great night” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
529 Wellington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,334 restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Academy Road
Transit: Bus Routes #20 & #29 (which stop @ Academy & Wellington). The #99 also stops along Wellington further East @ Kingsway.
Description: Experience the splendour of 529 Wellington, Winnipeg's Premier Steakhouse. The beautifully restored historic mansion offers intimate dining in 8 elegantly appointed rooms, as well as a beautiful 2-tiered riverside terrace for alfresco dining. 529 serves exclusively Prime Beef, the best available in Canada, as well as exotic fresh fish & seafood. The restaurant is also home of Manitoba's highest rated wine list, Wine Spectator Magazine's "Best of Award of Excellence".
Kenora, Ontario, Canada
“A great night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The oysters where our app and very tasty, I prefer a bit more heat then offered with these ones but quality was great. Steaks where huge and cooked to perfection and the sides were well portioned. Great wine. Best was our server which even gave a tour of this must see castle. Nice when a large tip like that feels worth while

77% Recommend
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Far beyond average atmosphere and service, just above average food, great wine, $$$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The service and atmosphere of 529 is unrivaled in Winnipeg, that being said the food is not to the same standard. It wasn't bad food by any means, it simply wasn't "wow, that's good", which it should be for the price of a meal there. ($240 tab for two people). You pay more for the service and atmosphere than the food. If you don't like beef or seafood than don't go (no other options). My steak was done a little rare (ordered medium and it was medium rare), not a huge deal for me. My lobster was slightly undercooked... Same as steak, not severely undercooked so as to send it back.... Just a little undercooked. Again not a huge deal to me, I just felt for the money it should be perfect. The wine was expensive but they have a wide selection and very good choices available. No problems with any other food. It was tasty just not anything to brag about. Will I go back? Probably not unless I'm trying to impress someone. Lol. I can get a better meal for half the price at Orlando's. Just not in a mansion. Was I unhappy with 529? No, just not super impressed.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“very Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have recently reviewed a restaurant that is underserving of it's current listing as 18 in Winnipeg, how it got this rating I have no idea and it made me ponder . . . perhaps more people in Winnipeg need to write positive reviews about their great experiences. 529 is impressive and grand. Staff are professional and courteous. the decor is warm and inviting and well kept. Food is prepared to perfection and the chef is able to omit onions from a dish upon request due to an allergy (apparently hard for other chefs to accomplish). 529 will never fail your expectations.

• Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Top Notch Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you want a top notch, high-end steak in Winnipeg, this is where to get it.

The old house the restaurant is in is really eloquent and it's multi-room format really allows you to have great conversations, without it getting too loud.

The food is the best there is in Winnipeg. You pay for it, but it is exceptional. They also have a great selection of whiskies.

It is also a start-spotting place (NHL players frequent the restaurant) with great ambiance.

They cooked a perfect steak. It was delicious. And the rest of the meal/wine was as well. If you willing to pay, then this is the place for steak.

• Visited February 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“ABOVE EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you want Great service in a wonderful Mansion this is the place to be. I eat here twice a week and I love it . They make me steak Tartar , this is the only place I trust to make it for me. I never order wine .....they know exactly what I like and I don`t care what it costs I love Quality and as I live close by this is where I usually dine with my friends and Family. My kids are here all the time as well as the Staff know what we like and they make reat suestions always....No bad meals here Just delightful meals with family and Friends

Visited December 2012