“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winnipeg
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at the Sahara-Morocco suite and it was just fabulous. The room was clean,the staff was amazing and the meal was out of this world. My hat goes off to the chef because our meal was cooked to order and delivered right to our room at the exact time that the girl at the desk promised. The Big Screen TV and stereo equipment in the rooms are top notch and the atmosphere is amazing. Highly recommended. Did I mention that the staff was awesome? If not I just did!!! Would come again for sure. Great historical building in the heart of the Old Market Square/Exchange District of Winnipeg, which really is reason enough to go right there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for your review. The Morocco Suite is wonderfully designed. The waterfall hot tub surrounded by hand etched Moroccan scene's on lighted mirrors really sets a romantic mood. Did you know that we also hand etched all the panelling that surrounds the room. It gives the room a very tropical oasis feel. I will tell the chef how much you enjoyed the dinner. It is nice to dine together in the suite. Also, I will let the staff know how much you appreciated their service. Renovating this historic hotel has taken a long time. We love being right down town in the historic Exchange District. With the heritage buildings surrounding you, the trees and cobblestone roads it is like your are in a European City within the City. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
WPG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am a student and found a deal online and jumped at the opportunity to take my girlfriend for our anniversary. The room was amazing and we had a very relaxing time.

My only suggestion would be to update the website pictures for the rooms as we didn't bring any movies because the pictures showed very old T.Vs. When we got there the T.Vs were huge and swiveled to allow a view from the bed and the tub.

Overall great stay and we will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Rome is a beautiful suite. The grapevine canopy that hangs over the large 4'x6' hot tub is really elegant. All the stereo and video equipment in every suite has been updated to large 50" flat panel TV's and very good amplifiers complete with Ipod hookups. There are even speakers inside the steam units. The website pictures are older and should be updated. I am happy to hear you had a fun night and that you want to come back again (Japan might be your next great escape).
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed in the Japan-Samurai room after buying a gift certificate for a one-night stay. The room was exactly as described. The steam shower was very soothing and steamy. The hot tub was nice; takes a while for it to fill but it's a big tub and comfortable for two people. We stayed on a weeknight so there was only one other couple and us in the entire hotel. The TV could be seen from the hot tub, so it was nice to watch movies and soak at the same time. I would definitely stay again, in a different themed room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. The Japan Suite is lovely. All artwork and figurines are Japanese. The 4'x6' hot tub is spacious enough for couples to move around and it is convenient to be able to watch your 50" TV in the tub. It was nice for you to appreciate the value of the rooms as well as our personal guest service. Staying during the week is a nice way to split up a hectic work schedule that many of our guests have. I have said it more than once but I think we have the most romantic hotel guests in the world stay with us. We hope to see you again on another great escape (perhaps Rome...).
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Ok, I can't stand it anymore. Average theme experience at best. I was seaching for a nice spot in the Caribean this winter and started looking at Tripadvisors top ten. I snapped when somehow this place got into tripadvisors top ten in the world?!?! I don't write reviews but I trust those that do. Beware that most of the ratings for Mariaggi are from people that have writen just one review. THIS SMELLS OF STACKED REVIEWS! Look, its not the worst hotel experience in Winnipeg but certainly not the best! Average food, turn up the lights if you can or bring a flashlight and look at the paint, carpet, bathroom etc. Numerous things in our room didn't work. I've been lucky enough to stay in places north of the Arctic Circle to Australia. Your dreaming if you think this is a 4 star experience. Don't believe me, spend your money and see. It's not a rip-off but for what they charge you can get better in Winnipeg and Mariaggi's cartainly doesn't deserve to be ranked as a Tripadvisor top 10. I just don't want anybody coming to my hometown and feel cheated over their stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear of your poor experience at our hotel. We are constantly upgrading our suites and making sure every thing is in working order. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and above average customer service. Dinner for two in the suite is very well received and our guests report that the servings are large and that it is very tasty. There have been many guests enjoy repeat stays and thankfully have posted very positive reviews. We are extremely pleased with the top ranking trip advisor has awarded us. For the past 3 years we have been voted the number one hotel in Winnipeg. Clearly, we are doing a few things right! However, something happened on your stay and that is what matters to me. Mistakes happen from time to time and there are times that we have dropped the ball. I am committed to improving on our product and service. Please call me any time between 10AM and 3PM to discuss your concerns.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

For our anniversaries my husband I spend a night at the Marriaggi's Theme Suite Hotel. We are always welcomed with open arms, and treated wonderfully.

We spent this one in Rome. I was in awe for almost the entire time we were there. The trellace with grapes, and vines above the 2 person whirlpool tub was beautiful. It could have been cheesy, but whoever decorated this room did it perfectly. I have already put this room on teh repeat list for future celebrations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to have return guests. I really like the design of the Roman Room too. We have brought in artwork, statue's and figurines from Rome and throughout Italy to decorate the suite. Thank you for confirming it was put together elegantly. It is nice to hear that you were treated extra special while you were here. Customer service is very important to us. Hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have recently stayed in Mariaggi last May for our anniversary. We are very pleased with the whole experience.

Everybody was super nice and the room was just beyond amazing.

Dinner was exquisite.

Tony the massage therapist was great. It was simply the best massage my husband has ever had.

We hoped breakfast was served in the room though.

• Stayed May 2012
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. The most romantic couples in the world come to Mariaggis!! I am so glad to hear that your time with us was excellent. Dinner in the suite is always a great idea. You don't have to share a dining space with others and it makes the evening more intimate. Having our massage therapists give couples a massage right in your own Caribbean room is a real bonus. Couples like it because the therapists come to you in your own room as opposed to you going to their massage area. Right now our guests go downstairs to the Winnipeg Free Press News Cafe for breakfast. It is something to consider to bring breakfast upstairs for those that want to eat in the room. Hope to see you again soon.
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were in the Emperor suite, which was incredible. The staff were awesome, so friendly. One of the most amazing & unique hotels you'll ever visit. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2012
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We really strive to exceed our guests expectations. The hotel staff, meals, guest suites and spa are designed to make guests feel ultra special. I am so glad when you and your partner came we accomplished our goal. Summer time at the hotel is a special time to stay. There are many different art and music groups at the free stage in the Old Market Square (which is steps away from the hotel). It is fun being down town in Winnipeg's historic exchange district. It is a city within the city. The historical buildings, cobblestone roads and trees all add to the romantic feel of the area. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!