“Absolutely Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

We were in the Emperor suite, which was incredible. The staff were awesome, so friendly. One of the most amazing & unique hotels you'll ever visit. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2012
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We really strive to exceed our guests expectations. The hotel staff, meals, guest suites and spa are designed to make guests feel ultra special. I am so glad when you and your partner came we accomplished our goal. Summer time at the hotel is a special time to stay. There are many different art and music groups at the free stage in the Old Market Square (which is steps away from the hotel). It is fun being down town in Winnipeg's historic exchange district. It is a city within the city. The historical buildings, cobblestone roads and trees all add to the romantic feel of the area. Hope to see you again soon.

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have stayed at most upsacle Hotel chains in Europe and North America and Cariibean but staying at Marriagi's was a unique experience. I slept well, played pool and played the Grand Piano for a bit of a laugh. It was a hoot!

Room Tip: Try it! It's certainly different.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thanks for your review. We try our best to bring the tropics to our guests. When the guests stay they should feel like they are on a mini vacation. It is nice to know you enjoyed the many amenities in the suite including the pool table and baby grand piano. Our next suite that is scheduled to open in December will surely impress as well. We hope to see you soon.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I took my husband here for his 30th birthday and we stayed in the china suite. It was really beautiful and with a sauna, jacuzzi and steam shower had everything we could have wanted. We chose to add a couples massage and they came and did this right in the room and it was wonderful. The dinner we had was fantastic too. We had been here once quite a few years ago and had stayed in the Japan suite then, which was great too. Since then this hotel has gotten even better. Very romantic, very relaxing. We had a great time, and will be back very soon!

Room Tip: We LOVED the China room. It has everything!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. China is a very romantic suite. I love the multi head shower and steam unit in this suite. It is a tornado shower and guests always comment that they want one in their home too. The infra red sauna is a relaxing unit too. Having a couples massage and then dinner together in the suite really tops off the evening. It is always nice to have repeat guests comment that our rooms, service and value are getting better. We are always striving for improvement and hope to see you again soon. Our new Havana - Cuba Suite should be ready in about six months. You may want to try this one next!!
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This past weekend my boyfriend & I stayed at Mariaggis in the Indian theme suite! We booked this a while back so we've been very excited for the day to finally come! When we arrived, the gentleman at the front desk told us it would only be a few moments and if we wanted, we could leave our luggage and they would bring it in the room. He showed us to the beautiful deck which overlooked McDermot and told us that if we wanted, we could sit on the deck anytime throughout the night as they kept it available for the guests. As we sat outside and enjoyed the sun, he also brought me a glass of water. (They are extremely accomodating here!!)

After a few short minutes, one of the girls working there came and got us and took us on a brief tour, showing us pictures of the hotel way back when. Then she brought us to our room and explained how everything worked. Once left alone we were so amazed at the beauty of the room and had to walk around and take a closer look at everything!

We really enjoyed ourselves - we played pool, sat in the jacuzzi (they provided bubble bath which was excellent!), had champagne, got dinner, watched a movie. The bed was surprisingly comfortable as well and the pillows were so plush - we had a great sleep! Some people mentioned it is a bit noisy, but we didn't really mind.

Overall, we had an incredible time! We didn't want to leave the next morning. We are definitely planning on going back in the near future. If you are looking for a romantic get-a-way with your partner, I definitely reccomend Marriagi's! Everyone who works there is honestly sooo nice and they were available to answer all our questions whenever we needed. It truly is like taking a mini vacation!

Thanks very much to the staff :) You guys were awesome!!

Room Tip: We stayed in India - I would reeeally reccomend it as it has a pool table!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thanks for your review. We try our hardest to give the best service to all our guests. As a smaller boutique hotel we are able to provide the service our guests need. I am happy to hear that our staff were so accommodating. India is truly a beautiful suite. The slate work in the suite is amazing - I hope you found the fossilization in pieces of state on the walls. All artwork and statutes are imported from India. It is nice to hear you enjoyed the various amenities - pool table, waterfall hot tub, steam room etc. We hope to see you again soon - our new Havana Cuba Suite should be open by the end of November.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I found out about this hotel through dealfind and thought I'd make a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday. Overall, I was very impressed with my room (I chose Morocco), the service, and the value of the hotel. The waterfall hottub, the steam shower unit, heated flooring and the design and decorations of the room were stunning! My boyfriend especially loved that they had a sound system and an Ipod dock in the room. Marriaggi's also offers in-room massages with the option of relaxation and therapeutic massages. I booked a one-hour therapeutic massage for my boyfriend, hoping it would straighten out his back, and even though he did enjoy the massage, his back felt the same after the massage, which was a bit disappointing, because these massages are not cheap. On the other hand, the staff was very friendly and caring and made sure we were having a good time. As for the cleanliness, our room was very clean, except for some minor stains on the floor, which really wasn’t that bad. Service was outstanding and even prior to the booking, my questions were all answered with patience and my concerns were all addressed accordingly. If you do decide to experience Marriaggi's for yourself and choose a room according to the pictures on their web site, I would recommend calling for a showing of all their rooms first, because the pictures on Marriaggi's web site can be distorting. Everything in the hotel has been updated and upgraded to modern standards, so even if you do like the pictures, wait until you actually see the rooms, it will definitely exceed your expectations! I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and I’d definitely go there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you get the massage please let the therapist know you would like a deep tissue therapy rather than a relaxation therapy. It might help with the issues your boyfriend has. We try to shoot for ultra clean rooms and exceptional guest service. Our website has older pictures and we are working at developing a newer website. I am happy to hear you will return and recommend to friends and family. Our new Havana Cuba Suite will be ready in December. Hope you see you soon.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I found out about this hotel through a mutual friend and decided to take a look at there website it was such a beautiful hotel in the district. The pictures on the site do not give the hotel justice, the rooms are more beautiful in person. My partner and I stayed inside the Caribbean suite. It was the most relaxing night I had in awhile. The service was amazing and the people that worked at the hotel were very kind and catered to our needs. The suites are actually designed very well and some of the suites have actual pieces from there countries like India had some of its decor from a temple that was being destroyed and incorporated into the suite. Very lovely! The food was also very yummmmmy and the suite features was also very nice.. especially the steam room shower. I will be getting married soon so I might be considering their penthouse suite for a bacherlorette night with the ladies!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. The Caribbean Suite is a wonderful room. The waterfall hot tub with the multi air jets is great. The pool table and big 60" screen TV is a nice touch too. What we have always put our attention towards is the atmosphere of the suite. Everything in the room is from the Caribbean - statutes, artwork and figurines. I am glad you appreciated our design and look forward to seeing you again!!
Thompson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We found this spot online and thought it might be an interesting adventure. Always wanted to stay at a theme hotel but wondering if there was some place close and this came up. Reviewed all the photos and the ones that looked the most intriguing were for India. We weren't sure if it would be hokey or realistic and if we'd spend the night laughing at ourselves and our crazy ideas......but couldn't have been more pleased. The room was FANTASTIC. The pictures really don't tell the whole story. It was so much of an experience. Forget anything else, just want to look around, admire everything, stay awake so I could enjoy all the lights and lit alcoves and statues and waterfall and fireplace... But you can't stay awake - the jacuzzi tub, the fireplace the candles the linens and duvet - you really are transformed and transported. Such attention to detail with just the right music playing for the theme and amazing decor - everything, right down to the drawer pulls was neat. Makes me want to decorate my house the same. Every effort made to make us feel comfortable and such individual attention. The staff gave us hints how best to park downtown which you should heed if you're from out of town. Easy to get ticketed or towed otherwise. They made us feel so welcome and like we were on an adventure. I never would have thought they could make me forget I was in the city centre of Winnipeg but you are so cocooned and enveloped by the experience; it was possible. We arrived full of care but I can honestly say left a little lighter and more relaxed. It will almost make going back to work and getting tired out welcome so we can plan our next get away. I would for sure go back to India but now want to try more. We got a sneak peak at China which didn't sound romantic but its pretty amazing. I think we'll go there next, but I also want to see Japan and mexico. This really is a great idea for getaways if you can't splurge on going too far. I've been to a few spa vacations even in the mountains with rooms that were I wanted to take a picture before I used the shower or unmade the bed - but this was every bit as impressive and even more fun and I could have it all without having to take a plane or make a schedule. Truly great, simply amazing, fantastic and we'll be back as soon as we can.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in ensuring couples have a wonderful escape when they stay with us. India took us months to build. The suite has 15,00 pounds of slate work throughout the suite. There is more tile work in this suite than there is in most front lobbies of very classy hotels! On your next visit China will be wonderful. It does not have a pool table but the infa red sauna and tornado Vichi shower are fantastic. Whenever you need a great escape again we will be here for you.

Been to Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!