Spent a night with my wife in the Caribbean Suite during the last week of December as a little break from the kids. This hotel is for couples that want to be alone so I wasn't expecting demand a lot from Hotel Services. Check-in was quick and friendly. Lowell gave us a quick tour of the suite, and showed us where the ice and vending machines were. After that, we had no need for Hotel Services.
For those who aren't sure, this is not a luxury hotel dispite the price. This is more of a fun little get away for couples. You pay for in suite amenities like hot tubs, steam showers and/or pool tables and saunas. The theme decor is kitchy but like I said before intended to be fun.
We were originally booked for the Imperial Suite which had a hot tub, full body shower and separte sauna but i figured we'd be to pruney by the end of our stay. We switched the Caribbean Suite to get the option of the pool table.
We knew these suites were on the older side so like i said we weren't expecting luxury however some of the room finishes were starting to show their age. The carpet was starting to roll and some light bulbs were burnt out.
The room had a waterfall into the hot tub which is a interesting feature but a little splashy when filling the tub.
It was a cold evening and while the room temp was fine i wish there was a way to control the temp to warm things up a bit more so it wasn't so cool stepping out of the steam shower or hot tub. The room is to big for the electric fireplace to be effective.
It is an old building and we were just down the hall from the Jakarta Suite. Someone from adjacent room kept running up and down the halls and stairs and we could hear it clearly.
The street noise is pretty loud and emergency vehicles drove by consistantly.
Parking is a challenge. We parked at the parkade on Albert Street for $12.
Ran out of hot water in the morning, so we couldn't enjoy the steam shower as much.
In summation, Mariaggi's is a fun place to visit for some alone time with your significant other. I don't think I'd recommend it for and extended stay where you might be needing room service, daily housekeeping or other amenities. The Hotel is currently adding more theme suites. I think they should think about revamping some of the exisitng suites to keep them fresh and up to date.
That being said, I don't think there is another hotel around in the city that could brag the same amenities.
Country Charm by St.Annes have cabins that are a viable option to Mariaggi's for a romantic get away. While they don't have the kitchy themes, the cabins do have steam showers, hot tubs and pool tables at a lower price. Some issues about Country Charm is the small water heaters. Once you've filled the hot tub, you've depleated your hot water tank. Also, after a certain time, the front desk is vacated so don't expect Hotel Sevices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel and Spa offers our guests a wide range of Romantic getaway suites, scrumptious diners and wonderfull relaxing massage from licensed massage therapists. Our attention to detail in room design far surpasses the standard hotel of the day. Plan your great escape today and Getaway Without Going Away!!!All romantic theme suites have:*Large whirlpool tub.*Steam/shower room with speakers inside the steam room.*50" TV, DVD, 200 Watt Stereo System.*Fireplace.*Romantic Dining for Two.*Small Refridgerator and Microwave.India and Caribbean also have:*Waterfall hot tubs.*Pool Table.China also has:*Infa Red Sauna.*Vichi Tornado Shower.*Multi-jet Hot Tub.Our 3000 sq.ft. Jakarta Tropical Penthouse has:All the above plus...*Baby Grand Piano.*Bar Area.*Dining Area. *Darts and Pool Table. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariaggi`s Theme Hotel Winnipeg
- Mariaggis Theme Hotel
- Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel Winnipeg, Manitoba