“Comfortable Victorian experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Gate Manor

West Gate Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
West Gate Manor
You added West Gate Manor to your Saves list
71 West Gate, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2C9, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 15 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
“Comfortable Victorian experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My first impression, after phoning for reservation, was that the hosts were not very professional, as they didn't even ask for my name. However, that changed when we arrived, as they were very welcoming and he actually apologized that he not asking for my name in the phone. Our stay was very comfortable, and there were a lot if unique Victorian antiques. We stayed in the Brass room, had clean sheets and towels. The bathroom was newly renovated, with big "rain fall" shower, and separate bathtub. Breakfast was delicious: eggs, bacon, blueberry loaf, fruit, yogurt, juice, tea

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank light_within

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

John and Louise are wonderful owners. The room, bathroom, living room, dining area were all clean and very well managed. I love the wood floors and the attention to detail like the stairs and nice area carpets. They left the light on for my return in the evening and were always punctual with the breakfasts with something different every morning. Both John and Louise were easy to have conversations with on just about any subject. Coming from California I had a wonderful experience here and was glad I selected this over a generic hotel. They didn't have a swimming pool or fitness centre, so I didn't rate them on these. BTW, I really enjoyed the rain shower. I have not experienced these before.

Room Tip: I had a smaller room as I didn't really need much space. I walked through the larger rooms. Al...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rziebol
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed in the West Gate Manor for two nights. John and Louise made their home feel like it was our home. I am a sixth-generation Winnipegger who hadn't been in the great city for 12 years, so the choice of a B&B was really important to me. I recommend West Gate Manor to anyone who appreciates the history of a city (the B&B is in Armstrong's Point, a neighbourhood created over 100 years ago for the well-to-do), is looking for a comfortable night followed by a great breakfast and who enjoys the hospitality that puts "Friendly" on Manitoba license plates.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Louise and John are perfect hosts. It was my first visit to Winnipeg. Once I got my rental car at the airport I found myself calling Louise just about every mile to make sure I was driving in the right direction. The house is beautifully appointed, the room where I stayed was comfortable, and the bathroom tub was a delight to slip into and take a long hot bath. The food was out-of-this world. Once I arrived home it was a crude awakening that I now have to make my own breakfast.

I highly recommend the West Gate Manor. The hosts, John and Louise, are warm and welcoming. If you get the chance, book your stay with them.

Room Tip: Every room at West Gate Manor is a must stay!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Julie H
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Over all our stay was very nice but the LACK of a decent breakfast "Varied each day to stimulate your taste buds, breakfast is more then a delight to your senses and pallet" as described on the website was sadly disappointing. It wasn’t boxed cereal and dry toast but on our last morning of 3 it was just us and somehow I thought there might be extra care or something fresh from the oven to great us but sadly it was 3 pancakes & a few strips of bacon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crashtested_BC
The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

They didn't answer my e-mails when I wanted to make my reservation. At that time I should have made a reservation at another B&B or hotel. Unfortunately I didn't. They don't clean the rooms or the bathroom. You only get new towels. Breakfast comes straight out the microwave. The owners aren't very welcome. The bed was the only good thing about this B&B. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Loezzie
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We stayed for 2 days in the Walnut room. It was perfect for us as we wanted to relax in the afternoon. The room was very spacious and the side lounge area was prefect for relaxation. The bathroom was updated and everything was kept well clean. I loved the style of the house. Everything is still kept very antique but it suites the house. Louise and John were very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was just right and I was glad to have tea in the morning. We had a great nights sleep and would stay there again. They even allowed us to park our car in the driveway.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple