“Fantastic B&B --- Fantastic Rooms ---Fantastic Hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Gate Manor

West Gate Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
West Gate Manor
You added West Gate Manor to your Saves list
71 West Gate, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2C9, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Portland
“Fantastic B&B --- Fantastic Rooms ---Fantastic Hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Louise and John are perfect hosts. It was my first visit to Winnipeg. Once I got my rental car at the airport I found myself calling Louise just about every mile to make sure I was driving in the right direction. The house is beautifully appointed, the room where I stayed was comfortable, and the bathroom tub was a delight to slip into and take a long hot bath. The food was out-of-this world. Once I arrived home it was a crude awakening that I now have to make my own breakfast.

I highly recommend the West Gate Manor. The hosts, John and Louise, are warm and welcoming. If you get the chance, book your stay with them.

Room Tip: Every room at West Gate Manor is a must stay!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Over all our stay was very nice but the LACK of a decent breakfast "Varied each day to stimulate your taste buds, breakfast is more then a delight to your senses and pallet" as described on the website was sadly disappointing. It wasn’t boxed cereal and dry toast but on our last morning of 3 it was just us and somehow I thought there might be extra care or something fresh from the oven to great us but sadly it was 3 pancakes & a few strips of bacon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

They didn't answer my e-mails when I wanted to make my reservation. At that time I should have made a reservation at another B&B or hotel. Unfortunately I didn't. They don't clean the rooms or the bathroom. You only get new towels. Breakfast comes straight out the microwave. The owners aren't very welcome. The bed was the only good thing about this B&B. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We stayed for 2 days in the Walnut room. It was perfect for us as we wanted to relax in the afternoon. The room was very spacious and the side lounge area was prefect for relaxation. The bathroom was updated and everything was kept well clean. I loved the style of the house. Everything is still kept very antique but it suites the house. Louise and John were very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was just right and I was glad to have tea in the morning. We had a great nights sleep and would stay there again. They even allowed us to park our car in the driveway.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I called and emailed about staying at this b&b and they never called or emailed me back. If they want business they should really try responding to booking inquires.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Northwest Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at West Gate Manor Jan 3, 4 and 12th, 2009. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there. John and Louise were wonderful and welcoming and the house is beautiful (we stayed in the Brass Room) as is the area. It's like a little oasis in the middle of the city. Breakfast was delicious. I will definitely recommend West Gate Manor to friends and family. We have already booked a room for our next visit to Winnipeg.

• Liked — Style of house, hosts.
  • Disliked — I prefer a private bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

Well, I stayed at this lovely Bed and Breakfast the last few days in June, 2007. I found both John and Louise lovely and very accomadating. The room (La Petit) was fabulous and I found the breakfast to be wonderful. I sometimes got back late at night and we had lovely chats and in their own living quarters. I will be back when my son graduates from High School.

Old South London, Ontario

Stayed June 2007

Been to West Gate Manor? Share your experiences!