“Nice For Coffee And A Cookie” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Minnesota
“Nice For Coffee And A Cookie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We ate at their airport location. We had coffee and chocolate cookies. Yummy! My girlfriend had a smoothie and said it was very good.

Visited July 2014

Winnipeg
“Fingernails on a chalk board”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I can't understand Stella's success. They certainly try hard. Use interesting ingredients, the menu sounds good, they do their own baking.

I think the problem is they simply have no idea what they are doing. They have no sense of what works and hat doesn't work. What ingredients compliment one another.

Just had a chicken sandwich. The sandwich was ok (I think) all I could taste was the cranberry sauce. No need for anything else when you put this much cranberry sauce on something (more is often not better).

The coke came in a nice glass
Bottle but the straw was too short so you risked losing it inside the bottle and you couldn't drink all of the coke. Happily the coke was too warm so I had an excuse to ask for a glass of ice.

The house salad was absolutely awful. It looked good, ingredients seemed fresh but the taste was the equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard. I was stunned that it could taste so bad. Usually house salads are mediocre (to the extreme) but safe. I kept eating because I couldn't believe my taste buds. After a couple bites I gave up.

Clearly they try hard. I think they need a new Chef. The breakfast is probably their forte.

Edmonton, Canada
“Great Sourdough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

If you’re looking to eat while at the Winnipeg airport and want to avoid the usual national franchise fast-food outlets, Stella’s on the departures level is definitely worth a visit.

All day breakfast for travellers that don’t know what time zone their in, and plenty of other choices for those with a better grasp on reality. I’ve only eaten there once (so far) but recommend the omelettes. I had a Mushroom and Swiss which came with freshly made hash browns and great local sourdough bread. Ketchup and a beautiful strawberry jam preserve were served on the side. My only suggestion for the staff is that they offer fresh milk rather than 2% skim in cartons for tea when it’s requested. Only 12 reviews so far, but all were either ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’ and I can understand why.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This is a great little place for breakfast. Very nice location and nice warm feeling when entering the restaurant. I had this Mexican omelette and it was a big omelette and very tasty the others that I was with enjoyed there time wish I could let you know what they had but can't quite remember. Overall great place enjoyed our time

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, Tennessee
1,325 reviews 1,325 reviews
“Wow..what a great surprise before getting on a flight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Colleague and I were getting on flights to go back hem and we had a couple of hours hanging at the airport. We stopped in Stella's to grab a bite and we were shocked by the quality and delivery of such great food at an airport..(right near security for domestic Canada). I had a grassfed beef burger and a delicious Caesar salad..the burger was great and came with top notch bacon,great guacamole and sauted onions. My friend had the fresh fruit cup and parfait which he loved..coffee was great... The best part was the service was exceptional ..something else you don't get..will make it a point to stop in and see Meg the server and grab a bite next time.

• Visited April 2014