“Very Nice Mother's Day Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

204-414-4055
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sunny and Rose's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 1,390 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Harstone Rd
Transit: Dieppe Loop on Roblin Blvd
Winnipeg, Canada
“Very Nice Mother's Day Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband surprised me and our children by making a reservation here for Mother's Day. I was very hesitant in going as the outside of the restaurant really didn't appeal to me, but it was just what we were hoping for. We've been to other buffets for my "day", and there were loud with pushy families, etc., and I felt packed in like a sardine, but this place was perfect. The food options were good - I had no idea it was Indian, and the butter chicken was the best I have had. Everything else was very good, and there was a good selection of food. There was initially no syrup for the pancakes, but we were brought a syrup for our table. The service was attentive. The eggs were nasty looking - they could have been powdered, I don't know and didn't try them. The salads were all good, as were the desserts which were a variety of sliced cakes. My 4-year old loved the sausages and bacon. I would have liked to have had fruit offered, but overall I was very pleased and I hope they do the buffet next year for Mother's Day as I would go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Winnipeg, Canada
“A good experience however...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was our first visit. Nice decor; good to see the lounge separated from the dining area with a mostly glass wall. Comfortable seating. Quiet so it is easy to converse. A nice diverse menu. Service attentive but not helpful. Our server had no knowledge of the menu. Beverage selection is inadequate; no root beer or lemonade. Meals delivered were hot and delicious.Good parking.
Will likely return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Sk
“Very tidy and clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Pleasant neighborhood restaurant. Very clean and tidy. Our waitress was pleasant, efficient and eager to help and it was her first shift! Well done girl.
We had the chickpea salad and short ribs with rice and fresh veggies. The salad was refreshing but the dressing tasted like it came from a krafts raspberry salad dressing bottle. Apples and grapes in salad were fresh and tasty. No carbs served with salad.
Short ribs were okay. Not spicy at all, in fact bland. Would order something different the next time.
Waitress would get 5 stars.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great food and great prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been to this restaurant several times. The food is good and if you make it for happy hour you can have a drink at a great price too. The butter chicken is great as are the ribs. The rib portion was a little small for a half rack but they fell off the bone. I love it because there is no msg which bothers me. This isn't the fanciest place but is one of my favourite because of the price and quality of food. They have East Indian and regular Canadian food as well.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aiken, South Carolina
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We don't have great East Indian restaurants in South Carolina and were surprised to be introduced to an excellent one in Charleswood last night. Helpful service with a smile delivered up wonderful tasty and well-priced dishes that everyone was happy with. Get the butter chicken or the chicken tikka masala and you won't be disappointed. Fabulous naan bread!! We'll go back for more!

Visited August 2013