“Superb Acommadation and World Class Health Care” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre

You added Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre to your Saves list
Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   720 William Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3J7 , Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Fort Frances, Canada
“Superb Acommadation and World Class Health Care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Connected to Winnipeg's Health Science Centre this Canad Inns is a new hotel that is of extreme benefit to those receiving care at HSC. The have a very good medical rate for guests and their rack rates are well worth the price given the quality, amenities and comfort provided in each room. The facility has 2 on site restaurants while a number of other quick serve eateries are located in the HSC as well as a convenience store, flower shop and pharmacy. You can be assured of a very quiet rest. The Inn also provides a day rate for quests based on room availability. Staff are extremely courteous and efficient. Like all Canad Inns this hotel is amongst the top tier hotels in Winnipeg.

Room Tip: Despite the occasional siren of ambulances each room is comparable. The hotel is well equipped for t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear FrankBruyere,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel!! I know you are probably a busy person and we appreciate it when people take time out of their busy days to write a review on our behalf! Thank you so much for your compliments on our guest rooms, rates, ammenities and staff! These will definately be forwarded on to everyone! We work hard to be able to give everyone a great experience while they stay with us! Should you ever have need to be in Winnipeg again, I hope that you will consider us as your home away from home! Welcome to the Canad Family and should there ever be anything I can do for you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly! Thanks again and have an amazing day! Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Health Sciences Centre.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My visit was apart of a conference and I was very impressed by the quality of rooms and the service. The staff were exceptionally nice from picking me up at the airport to driving me downtown one night to point out what are some nice places to see in Winnipeg. They greeted me with a cookie at check-in and I couldn't have asked for more. Thanks!

Room Tip: I was 6th floor, it was quiet and a decent view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hi Patrick S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor, we really do appreciate it. I'm so glad you had a great experience here at Canad Inns Health Sciences Centre while staying for your conference! I'm also glad that you thought our staff were so nice and gave exceptional service! We do try to make every guest that stays here feel like they are a part of our Canad Family and feel proud when that is accomplished. One service that I don't think everyone is aware of is that we do have a complimentary airport shuttle that runs Monday to Friday 7am to 8pm, which has been a great help to guests thus far! Hopefully we will get the chance to take care of you again should another conference bring you to our lovely city, and we'd like to welcome you to our Canad Family!!! Thank you again and if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly. Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre, Health Sciences Centre.
Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

A friend was badly hurt in an accident last week, and that's when we learned that the Canad Inns had the hotel attached right to the Health Science Center. What a treat to have such a lovely, comfortable place to retreat to to get away from the stress and pressure of having a loved one in the hospital. Free wifi, and set price for parking. The medical rate was $127 plus taxes, which is reasonable for the convenience it offers.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dadiva47,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel on the site! I am so glad that we were able to give you such a lovely retreat despite the situation that brought you to us. In being attached to the Health Sciences Centre, we wanted to make sure that any of our guests staying here for medical reason, or visiting a patient in the hospital, would have a quiet, beautiful, peaceful and serene place to stay while dealing with the stress of the situations they would be facing. Hopefully your friend is well on their way to healing and we wish them a healthy recovery! Should there be anything we can do for you again in the future, please feel free to contact me directly! Thank you again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Health Sciences Centre.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Beautiful new hotel with spacious extremely clean rooms. Beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. Decent lighting and power outlet selections. Nice large bathroom with a tub. Having a microwave and fridge is very convenient. Has some specialty TV channels that many hotel chains don't carry anymore. Internet is pretty fast (except for downloading videos which you have to let buffer). Furniture and overall look of the room is a nice minimalist modern style which very much appeals to me. Restaurants are not bad but not top of the line either. My only complaint is that there is no pool or hot tub!!!!!!!!! And this is why I'm not rating it a 5. And of course the neighbourhood is sketchy if you leave the Health Sciences Centre area on foot.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room on an upper floor and I ended up getting probably one of the largest rooms...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Maddy G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you thought so highly of our location. A lot of work and detailed planning went into this location! I can understand missing the pool and hot tub here at this location but there were logistical reasons as to why we couldn't have either here. Hopefully we will be able to take care of you again in the future and if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly at anytime! Thanks again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC.
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Needed a close base while a family member had surgery. This ideal location was invaluable, especially in January, in Winnipeg! Good restaurants on site, close reasonable parking, comfortable rooms, all made our stay seamless. The room had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave, as well as a reasonably fast internet connection.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear fouronthefloor5,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on the site. I'm glad you had a great experience with us. I'm glad to see that all our planning in making this a hotel that can offer much ease and comfort for those coming to the hospital for medical or business purposes has worked amazingly well. We really strive to make this a home away from home for anyone staying here and are glad when we can achieve that. I'm hoping that we will be able to take care of you again on your next visit and want to welcome you to our Canad Family! Thank you again and should you ever need anything during your stay, please feel free to contact me at anytime directly. Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Six members of our family spent a few very enjoyable hours at the Bistro. The atmosphere was pleasant, quiet, the drinks excellent and the service was top notch. The food was hot, tasty and came on time. I did not have a chance to see all of the Hotel; but look forward to going back in the future.

Room Tip: I recommend this Bistro to families or for business.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hello Eleanor B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our 'l Bistro Mediterreanean Restaurant. I am so glad that you and your family had such a great experience dining with us!! We are very proud at being the only one of our Manitoban locations to have this concept with the only other location to have it being our Grand Forks Location. You mentioned that you did not get a chance to see the rest of the hotel, and I would love to extend an invitation for a tour to you when you have a moment to do so. I believe you will find that we have gorgeous guest rooms and will be quite impressed. We look forward to serving you again, and please feel free to contact me at anytime should there be anything I can do for you. Thank you again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

As part of a family group that visited for dinner prior to an evening outing, i was impressed with the ambiance in the hotel bistro. The facility was very clean, the staff was warm and friendly.
I did not have an opportunity to see the rooms, but would certainly be interested in visiting again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hi Marlene B,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review about our 'l Bistro Restaurant here at Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC. I'm glad you had such a fantastic experience and hopefully it won't be the one and only. That restaurant is currently the only one in all of our Manitoban locations with the only other one in our Grand Forks location. You mentioned that you did not get the chance to see any of our guest rooms. Should you be interested in doing so, as they are quite beautiful, I would be glad to take you on a tour of them anytime you are available. I believe you will be impressed. Please feel free to contact me at anytime and we look forward to serving you again!! Thanks again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre HSC.

Been to Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre? Share your experiences!