“very nice new hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park

You added Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Berry Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0S6, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Dryden, Canada
“very nice new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the original Hampton on main street in winnipeg every time we cam due to the Hampton standards. Every Hampton we have ever stayed at has met these standards of excellence, sowe were very dissapointed when the Hampton on main changed ownership and names. We were overjoyed when we saw this new Hampton arrive. This was our first stay there. Everything was very clean and neat, staff was good, breakfast was great, pool and hot tub all great. My only hangup is that is seems somewhat scaled down from a regular Hampton. Nothing was lacking in any way, everything just seemed a bit smaller, hallways, rooms, bathrooms, lobby, etc. That being said our stay was excellent in every way and would definitely stay again

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Andy Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to give us this great review,
As the only Hampton by Hilton brand in Winnipeg, we always make sure we fulfill The Hampton Standard, and even go above and beyond when we can. We believe that great customer service and guest satisfaction are the key elements to a hotel’s success, both short term and long term.
Thank you again, and have a great day!
Andy Zhao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My stay here has simply been fantastic. From the moment I was picked up by the shuttle I could tell I was in for a something extra special. The service here shines.... the staff here should put on a course for the miriad of hotel employee's I have encountered over the years who just don't care. The staff at the Hampton all care and go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. The hotel itself appears brand new and all amenities are in top condition. The gym: clean, well kept, variety of machines and well placed. The pool: clean, new, and spacious (also complete with Hot Tub). The rooms: clean, fresh, large, great beds, large flat screens, and modern up-to-date washrooms.

Located near the airport entry it is perfectly placed for travellers. I will, however, stay here regardless from now on when in Winnipeg. Yes it is that good.

As it turned out I had to stay a few more nights due to travel issues.... no problem.... the staff seamlessly and courteously arranged everything after a quick call.

I really could go on... my hat is off to the Inder (front desk) and the shuttle driver... so warm, so kind and so professional.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Your thoughtful compliments really make our whole team’s day, thank you very much!
I have mentioned your review to both Inder and Rob (our shuttle driver) and they are both excited to see your comment. On their behalf, I would like to thank you again for your appreciation.
Best Regards,
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I am checking out of this hotel today, and even though it is MINUS 11 F the courteous staff at this hotel make me want to stay in Winnipeg longer! The front desk staff is so friendly, the Sales Manager Charlotte is so accommodating, the shuttle driver a pleasure! The rooms are modern and clean. All hotels should endeavor to be like this one!

• Stayed January 2014
Andy Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your enthusiasm, and your decision to stay with us.
Charlotte and Rob (the shuttle driver) will be happy to hear about your kind words. Our till will always keep up the hard work to make sure every single guest feels this way.
See you soon, and hope you have a safe trip home,

Best Regards

Sioux Lookout, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

First time staying at the Hampton hotel Winnipeg and was very impressed until we were disturbed by the crying baby next door. I would have thought a hotel of this quality would be more soundproof. When I reported the problem at check out nothing was done to try to make me happy. I was unaware of the Hampton Inn 100% guarantee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for choosing the Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport,

I am very sorry to hear that you have had an issue with noise during your stay. I will definitely be looking into your particular room as I understand that we have great insulation between the rooms.

Also as a Hampton Brand we stand behind out 100% satisfaction guarantee, would you please kindly send your confirmation number, and first and last name to me at: andy.zhao@hilton.com and I will follow up from there.

Best Regards,

Winkler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The place was clean, tidy, and in mint condition. The staff were quick and friendly and super helpful. The pillows were harder than I'd prefer but I'd go back for sure. The free parking during our trip away was also an added bonus.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your compliments towards our cleanliness and hotel staff. We do have two kinds of pillows in every guest room, firm and feather. From the sounds of it, the feather pillow would be a better choice for you. The next time you are booking with us, let us know and we will make sure to have only the softer pillows in your room.

Thank you again, and see you soon.

Best regards,

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am always amazed that the Hampton group is very consistent in making sure that the people they hire understand the importance of service. I cannot recall a time that I was disappointed by the service and the consistency both from the front desk to the people in the background, those in housekeeping. (I do try to make it a point to at least say "hi" and "thank you" to them and I am not surprise that they respond back in a pleasant way.)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Andy Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your loyalty and confidence in the Hampton Brand.
Our team’s goal is to exceed in guest services, by going out of our way to meet our guest’s needs and by displaying our Hamptonality. At the same time, we like to meet the Hampton Standard.
From our heart, we will always try our best to make our guests feel our hotel is their home away from home.
See you next time, and best regards,
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our small family of 2 adults and son, 6 years old, love this hotel! We always use the hot tub/pool and have a lovely breakfast here as well!! We will definitely be back!! My husband had to work in Winnipeg and my son and I went shopping and hung out at the pool! We love the King size bed with pull out couch for our son! The Pull out couch is very large and our son loves it!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
It is great to hear that your little one has enjoyed our warm salt water pool, as well as the fresh waffle maker that is available to use during our Hot Buffet breakfast hours. The pull out couches offered in our King Sofa rooms and Suites are not the small standard pull out couches, and it is nice to know they are just as enjoyable as a regular bed.
Our hotel is not only the best choice for corporate travelers, but also for leisure seekers, being only five minutes from Winnipeg’s major shopping centre, and ten minutes from the Assiniboine Park Zoo.
Thank you very much and see you soon,
Andy Zhao

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park? Share your experiences!