“Hampton Inn Winnipeg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park to your Saves list
Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Berry Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0S6, Canada (St. James Industrial)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #3 of 63 hotels in Winnipeg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hampton Inn Winnipeg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We found this to be a terrific new hotel and well priced. The rooms have a lovely contemporary décor and comfortable beds. The breakfast area was clean and the food well presented. My husband and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Andy Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest

As the newest hotel in Town, offering our guests the best experience during and after their stay is mission everyday. please let us know if there is anything we could improve.

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
St. Paul, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have NEVER rated a hotel with all 10s, however this hotel, staff and amenities was deserving of these ratings. Our family has owned hotels and as a result, I notice everything! It is wonderful to be greeted and see a smile from each staff.The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and we felt like we were leaving "family" after our 6 day stay.Our welcome (even though we did not begin as Honors members) was attentive, friendly. I am hesitant to mention specific personnel for compliments because every staff member we met was exemplary. Colleen made sure we had a King suite for the entire stay. All desk personnel were friendly,helpful and answered our questions. Mary(housekeeping) brought our extra pillows with a smile and through out our stay she continued to ask if there was more she could do for us. The tall fellow (salt and pepper hair) kept the floors and space immaculate and was especially helpful to the guests that needed the shuttle.The breakfast was serviced well and with a smile and very fresh (the fruit, eggs and oatmeal were our favorites) and contained all that anyone could want. The breakfast area is designed beautifully and it is unique. After breakfast the room is an extension of the lobby. It was fun to see a large group (12-15 people) enjoying pizza together on the large high-top island. Our room accommodated us well. I especially appreciated the large desk as both of us used our laptops, the room was immaculate but my favorite was the King suite was one open room.The sofa was comfy and the TV rotated to be viewed from the sofa or the bed. The footstool (with casters) was very useful. The "kitchen" sink was of great size and was very helpful to clean up after making a sandwich or snack. We were in Winnipeg mainly to visit family and I told each member (12+ people) about this fabulous hotel and suggested they recommend it to anyone they know who will stay in Winnipeg. Thank you for such a wonderful stay. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind words, I will for sure pass the word to Mary & my shuttle driver Dennis.
Kansas City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel was clean and the staff was helpful. When I got there, my room wasn't ready, so they gave me a free upgrade. Overall a good experience and very close to the airport. It also had easy access to HWY 90 which took me where I needed to go most of the time I was there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Andy Z, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write the review.

I am so glad you have been enjoyed your stay with us. Looks like we still have some areas need to improve. would you please be kind to write another review while you are in town next time with us, and experience if we are getting better?

Hatzic, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Clean & new, but sloppy service. Called down to front desk from room to ask if hotel had laundry and was told no. Planned next day's itinerary around a trip to laundromat. Stopped at front desk on way out to ask directions and was told it's in the hotel. Also late checkout was a hassle. Had asked for 2pm checkout at front desk and was told sure. But on checkout day,when I went down to breakfast at 930 am the housekeeper asked if I was checking out. Told her we had 2pm checkout. Then at noon my key card stopped working and had to go down to front desk to get cards reactivated. Then housekeeper is knocking on our door before 1pm...sloppy communication. Nice place otherwise.

• Stayed July 2013
Andy Z, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback, I am sorry to hear the issues you have experienced during your stay. I sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that we have created for you. Our Team will definitely keep improving our services to satisfied the guests’ needs.
Would you please be so kind to send you contact information to me by e-mail at andy.zhao@hilton.com so I can contact you in person?

Best Regards

General manager
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here on the night of the 15th of July, based on the reviews we saw here. And the reviews are nothing short of accurate.

This place is modern, tastefully decorated, CLEAN, front desk staff is happy and helpful, rooms are new and fresh, breakfast is more than sufficient, beds are very comfortable, bathrooms are modern and nice!

I highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in Winnipeg, especially if you're flying, as the hotel is very close to the airport. However, If you want something closer to downtown or somewhere near there, this hotel is not so close to those amenities.

• Stayed July 2013
Andy Z, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind words. We will for sure keep up the standard as always.

As the newest hotel in Winnipeg Airport area, we are not only 2 minutes away from Airport and 15 minutes away from the downtown. also it will only take you 3 minutes to the Polo Park Shopping mall (the Biggest shopping mall in Winnipeg) and 7 minutes to IKEA as well.

Thank you very much and See you next time
KELOWNA, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

RATES ARE ABOUT 15% HIGH NEED A CORPORATE RATE SO COMPANY CAN EXCEPT ON REGULAR BASIS Very Good Location(Near Air Port)--Very Nice accomadations--Service and staff were excellent What are the chances of getting a Corporate rate?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Andy Z, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I strongly suggest our corporate guest to set up a corporate rate in the hotel so they can enough the same rate all year around, which will save lots of their time to explain to their accountant for the rates changing.
If you would like to set up a corporate rate, please be so kind to send me an e-mail to ywgap_hampton@hilton.com/andy.zhao@hilton.com or call me at 204-789-0806. I will be so glad to help you.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a brand new hotel, opened in late May 2013. As such, everything was very new looking and clean. The lobby was spacious and the walls had good signage to the amenities including a business centre. There was a CIBC ATM rather than a generic (read pricey) one as well. The reception was friendly and informative reminding me of the complementary full breakfast, typical of Hampton Inns.
The room key technology is an advance from the slot type in that there was just a disk on the door and you put the door card near it to open the door. The room was spacious with a King bed, desk with lamp and chair and a chest of drawers with the large screen HD TV on top.
The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. The only potential negative is the loudness of the Amana air conditioner for someone bothered by that. I emitted a substantial background noise when it engages.
The alarm clock was easy to understand and set for a buzzer or music. The shower had an adjustable head and shelves for soap and shampoo. It worked very well.
The breakfast offered a wide variety of items including a hot egg omelette and a Belgian waffle maker. I indulged in both and they were excellent. There were 4 coffee choices including strong medium, decaf and one other. The seating area was bright and offered plenty of room and variety of seating including high bar type chairs around a large central raised platform. The edges of the room had tables with booth seating along the wall and chairs on the aisle side. Numerous TVs were hanging on the wall. The only complaint about this area was the chairs don’t move easily on the carpet so it is hard to pull them up to the table without shaking it. I had a bit of a coffee spill.
The airport shuttle was available immediately upon request and got me to the airport in less than five minutes.
This was an excellent hotel overall. The airport Hampton Inn will be our hotel of choice for future visits to Winnipeg.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Andy Z, Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for write such detail review. I am always proud of to be a member of Hampton Family and I am also so proud of my guests, who always willing to offer us their feedbacks so we can keep improving ourselves, and keep us on the top of guest prefer hotel list.

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park? Share your experiences!