“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #218 of 1,298 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Persian
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Tried this restaurant after a rave review in the Free Press. Lovely little place that you would never expect from its Notre Dame location. New, clean and nicely decorated. The owners are lovely and very welcoming. Felt like a very traditional experience. Tried many things, the Iranian tea (has cinnamon in it, very good), the eggplant dip (smoky and delicious, just wanted more), the chicken leg kabob (so tasty and cooked to perfection) along with the most delicious basmati rice (which I typically don't like with entrees) with a side of sweet and sour berries to add some flavour. Finished it off with a big bowl of homemade pistachio ice cream which was not too sweet and tasty. All in all it was a great meal and experience. My friends felt the same and all of us are excited to have a Persian place to go to now which has a nice atmosphere and most importantly great food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winnipeg, Canada
“Wonderful food & lovely surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

THis is a new place & I had never tried Persian food either so my daughter & I visited there last week. What a beautiful little restaurant!! Lovely friendly atmosphere with soft music. The owner greeted us & showe us the menu & explained various dishes to us. He also suggested the non- alcoholic beer - it is a halal restaurant so no alcohol is served. It tasted like peaches & was delicious! we ordered the rack of lamb & the lamb chops . All the food was cooked on a large barbecue grill at the back of the restaurant. each dish came with a large barbcued tomato & Basmati rice. All the food was delicious - although I could have eaten more chops!! I then ordered some food to take out for my husband who was at home - It was called koobideh - a ground beef kabob also with ther tomato & the Basmati rice.My husband said ti was great too. I would go back tomorrow. It was lovely

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winnipeg
“Best Persian food I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I rarely give excellent marks but this restaurant was outstanding:
Clean
fresh food, Halal
Friendly service
great prices

We had the hot eggplant dip with the carmelized onions and an olive dish which were unique and tasty. We each had the kabob meal which was a fine ground beef for mine with a soft rice that had lovely taste and charred tomato to chop up into it. Be sure to save space for dessert-either the homemade pistachio ice cream and the iranian tea. I know I'll be back again and soon. Its on Notre Dame Avenue and not in the best part of town but don't let that deter you.

• Visited March 2013