“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Chaumiere du Village B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
La Chaumiere du Village B&B
You added La Chaumiere du Village B&B to your Saves list
611 Wardlaw Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3L 0M3, Canada (Mcmillan)   |
Ranked #4 of 17 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Limoges, France
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had the chance to stay one week at this B&B and had a wonderful time there. Though my stay was in cold december Bruce and Celine made sure I had a warm stay in Winnipeg. Everything is cosy, very clean and the breakfast was my favorite part of the day : every morning you are sure to get new and different fresh bakeries/fruits. This is very spacious and cosy at the same time, you are sure to really feel at home. The location is very nice, in Osborne village you are close to everything you need and parking at night is very convenient. Beside that, Bruce ad Celine are very welcoming and always helpful to share stories and nice talks with you. I will keep really good memories from my stay and when I am back in town I will make sure to come back again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had the privilege to stay at this B&B for week. This is not your ordinary B&B!! from the first second we arrived, Bruce and Celine gave us the feeling as if we are family coming for a visit. They made us feel so welcomed and showed us what great people they are by taking care of everything we needed. The breakfasts are amazing, each morning starts with something new. The place is VERY clean, and you can see in every corner the personal touch and thought that was invested in the place, from the hearts of the owners.
Bruce and Celine - we cant thank you enough for the warm feeling and hospitality that you gave us, which was much more than just a bed and a breakfast...!!! We really enjoyed
being your guests, and getting to know you for a brief moment in our life.
Tomer & Oshrit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Raymond, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here the end of Oct/early Nov for 4 nights. Hosts are gracious and checked in with us I each day to hear what we had done and see what our plans were for the next day. Great location with a multitude and variety of restaurants in easy walking distance, so we did not drive at all in the evenings. We would certainly stay here again.

Loved being able to have breakfast at whatever time suited us rather than it only being available between certain hours.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Green room which is the one right next to the shared bath/shower. If you were a li...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the B&B for 12 days. Céline and Bruce are really great. We immediately received a great welcome. Tey offer everything you need (nice room, quality bed, great comfort,
library with big TV-screen, laundry service, great kitchen very everything is at your disposal the
whole day long. Unique breakfast experiences, changing every day. Prices are very competitive.They really love what they are doing. She is french speaking and he is english speaking. They gave us a lot of information about the city and live her. We love the city too. We definitely started our immigration process and are going to live in Winnipeg by the next Summer.
I think you can't find better for that price in whole Canada.

Room Tip: Best value in Winnipeg!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is not your typical B&B, it is more like staying at a magical apartment where a delicious breakfast appears each morning, everything is amazingly clean, and all the things you need to feel comfortable and at ease are at hand. Celine and Bruce are wonderful hosts who respect the privacy of their guests yet manage to make them feel welcome at every turn. In addition to the lovely space and food they offer a well equipped kitchen and laundry facilities for their guests. Traveling as a family, this was the easiest B&B experience I have ever had. We were able to make our own dinners, accommodate our 3 year old's desires for midnight snacks, and even manage the extra laundry that comes from traveling with kids. The room was well thought out for a family and the additional communal spaces of kitchen, living room and outdoor seating were inviting and quiet. I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for comfortable, affordable accommodations in Winnipeg.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had a great stay here on my cross-country trip across Canada in May 2013. Wonderful hosts, comfortable accommodations, nice touches all around the house, and so nice to have access to a well-equipped kitchen. Winnipeg is one of the places I'm most eager to return to some day, and I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bowen Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was recently in Winnipeg for a conference, followed by several days of research at the University of Manitoba for a personal project. Leaving my seriously beige conference hotel downtown and arriving at La Chaumiere du Village for the second part of my trip was HEAVEN. The house is located on a beautiful street just across the river from the downtown fray, in a funky neighbourhood called Osborne Village. Bruce and Celine (who live on site, in their own suite at the front of the house) greeted me warmly and made me feel immediately at home. The bedrooms (all upstairs) share a bathroom, and downstairs there is a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, and living room and a full claw bath in the basement. A quick trip down the road to the local whole foods shop, and I was enjoying a lovely glass of wine and some fresh fruit and snacks on the little deck. The place is spotless, and I really enjoyed Celine's touches in the recent transformation to a B&B -- a homey mix of antiques, mid-century modern, and general ephemera that completely appealed to me. I must have taken 10 pictures of the plaid curtains in my bedroom, so beautifully did they evoke "prairie chic" to me! And the breakfasts are great if (like me) you are not into the three course hot meal that many B&Bs offer: self serve toast, cereals, muffins, fruit, and protein treats (cheese, devilled eggs, etc), with juice and coffee - with Celine's little boxes of trail mix to take with you on the day's adventure! All in all, a wonderful place to call home while in Winnipeg. Probably not for you if you want complete alone-ness -- it's a compact house and you are sharing a bathroom and kitchen with others, after all. But I really enjoyed the experience. Great for solos, couples, and families (there's a teeny sweet room with just enough room for a single bed if you do have a wee one with you). And for dinner: highly recommend tapas at Segovia or burgers at Unburger - both just a few blocks away. I'd come back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: I stayed in the green room, which I found completely charming. It does face Wellington Crescent, tho...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Chaumiere du Village B&B? Share your experiences!