“Inn at the Forks - restaurant under construction Summer 2014” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Forks

You added Inn at the Forks to your Saves list
Inn at the Forks
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Forks Market Rd, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0A2, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Cedarburg
“Inn at the Forks - restaurant under construction Summer 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Even though the Restaurant and Bar are under construction the Inn at the Forks is still worthy of a visit. I stayed for 3-days on Business in July 2014, the service was outstanding. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The summer in Winnipeg is quite busy as you would expect given the lack of snow. The Inn is a Winnipeg Hot Spot for restaurants and bars, so there are many alternatives if you choose not to dine in the temporary restaurant site at the Inn. Still a double thumbs up!

Room Tip: Check the hotel website for great deals
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed here on business for 3 nights. The hotel is in a nice part of town and my room was clean and large. The food at the temporary outdoor restaurant was average but the server was great. The employees were friendly. I liked the spa products in the rooms.

My only compliant was that I didn't find out until the last night that there was a fitness centre. When I checked in, I wasn't told that the second floor had a fitness centre, nor were there signs in any elevator or any information in my room. I only found it because I went to get ice on the second floor and I saw it. I assumed there was no gym because I couldn't find anything about it on their website.
Also, on my last night when I got home from a walk, there was a flyer in my room saying that there was complimentary wine and snacks from 4 to 6 pm...again would have been nice to have been informed ahead of time (I saw the flyer at 6:05). The front desk had left me an earlier message to let me know about a continental breakfast for 10 dollars but there was no indication there was a daily free snack/drink. I think the communication to guests about hotel services could be improved (Aside from the breakfast which they seem to really advertise). I travel often for work, and I am usually told about the location of fitness centres, as well as free any complimentary snacks, at checkin. For this reason, the inn at the forks is 4/5.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor - we appreciate you taking the time to do so as feedback is very important to our continued success.

I'm sorry to hear about the fitness centre issue. I will speak with our Front Desk team; it's a normal part of the check - in process to advise guests about the amenities the hotel has to offer.

With regards to the lack of proper communication regarding snacks, I can see where there would be confusion with both guests and staff. With our restaurant under renovation, there have been some last minute additions included for our guests - wine and snacks being one of them. We have not offered this before and it was a decision made on the last day of your stay. All of us are now on the same page as to what to advise guests, but I do apologize for this inconvenience.

I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for choosing Inn at the Forks. If you have the opportunity to stay with us again, please e-mail me directly and I will take care of your reservation needs personally.

Kind regards,
Cathy Stephens
Assistant General Manager

cstephens@innforks.com
Tenterden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

A quick business trip and a pleasant surprise. Large nicely appointed comfortable rooms and very friendly service from the front desk team. Even though restaurant was closed for renovations the makeshift restaurant bar area was pleasant . Nice outlook over the childhood museum and a good central location .

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for one of the larger rooms
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

As a Winnipegger I had always know about the hotel but did not have the opportunity to stay there until June of this year.

The service was good at he front desk and restaurant. The rooms comfortable with a great view but were painted a dark colour and you could see dust all over parts of the wall. I also was disappointed that there were not fridge in the rooms.

The hotel is in a great, safe location top access many downtown attractions.

Hotel parking is in the parking garage next door. What they did not tell me is that there was reserved parking on the 1st level for hotel guest so I had a difficult time finding an open parking stall until I figured out where the spots were.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor - we definitely appreciate the feedback.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. That being said, I will be addressing the dust issues with our Executive Housekeeper and I will be speaking with the Guest Services team to ensure that they are giving accurate information to guests about where to park. For future reference we do supply fridges upon request, and this is complimentary. I have taken the liberty of adding this request to your profile for future reservations.

Thank you for choosing Inn at the Forks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Cathy

Cathy Stephens
Assistant General Manager
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was on a business trip but this hotel is excellent with superb rooms and a great location. During my stay the main restaurant was under renewal but the food was fine even from a restricted menu. Portion sizes made me very full indeed and after a substantial breakfast I could easily miss lunch..
The area around the hotel has a range of shops and the Shaw stadium is a short walk away. There is a very pleasant riverside walk that you might take to burn off those calories. This is definitely a hotel to remember for next time.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the Shaw stadium for quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this unique, non-major chain hotel many times over the years. Always good. Nice decor with modern feel. Good sized rooms which are well appointed. Great location at the Forks with shops and tourist attractions nearby. Good access to downtown and Health Sciences centre by cab. Always look forward to my visits to Winnipeg and this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had the pleasure of a long stay of 8 days at the Inn at the Forks and found this hotel to be very well situated for both tourists and business people alike. We had a standard room that was very comfortable and well appointed. We especially liked the spacious bathroom and the interesting art glass vanity. Lots of storage space and responsive air conditioning. The staff were excellent and if you enjoy being surrounded by parkland then this hotel is a great choice. Only downside - and I qualify this by saying that we should have checked - but the queen size bed was smaller than those you will find in Australia. However, having been caught out before in other US and UK hotels, we should know to ask.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at the Forks? Share your experiences!