“One of the best in Winnipeg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Forks

You added Inn at the Forks to your Saves list
Inn at the Forks
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Forks Market Rd, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0A2, Canada (Downtown Winnipeg)   |
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“One of the best in Winnipeg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Probably the best hotel in Winnipeg. It is clean, modern, and spacious, with great views of downtown and the Forks from the rooms. My wife and I stayed here the night of our wedding, and the hotel staff were very accommodating, letting me check in early in the morning, and allowing extra late check out the morning after.

There are many attractions within minutes of the hotel, and it is situated in the Forks, which is a great attraction itself in Winnipeg.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Having lived in Winnipeg most of my life, this hotels suits the bill for everything a traveller wants and needs. The hotel has a fabulous location at the Forks where to rivers meet. You can catch the boat rides, wander the foot path, cross the bridge and feel like you are in France...well not quite but certainly a different world! Staff was courteous and always attentive. I had an issue and they looked after it well above my expectations. I will definitely be staying there again when I am in Winnipeg for a wedding next year. Don't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: No pool.....won't let me say not applicable...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Sandy:

Thank you so much for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend to others. I think it's the best hotel in Winnipeg too!

When you are back in Winnipeg for the wedding you mentioned, please e-mail me directly and I will take care of your reservations personally.

As an aside, it is indeed true that we don't have a pool. We do, however, have an arrangement with a local Fitness Centre. We give our guests a pass to go use the 50M lap pool and whirlpool - it is complimentary for guests of Inn at the Forks. We will shuttle guests back and forth but most prefer to walk as it's only 5 minutes away. Good to know for next time!

Thank you again Sandy and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cathy

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Every now and then, I will check into a hotel that impresses and exceeds my expectations. This is one such hotel.

Location wise, this hotel has arguably the best location in Winnipeg - in the Forks area by the riverfront park. There are numerous restaurants surrounding the hotel as well as walking pathways on the park.

Check in was a pleasant experience with Danica who provided a great friendly welcome.

The rooms are huge! I had a 1-king bedroom, which overlooked the park, I was also impressed by how clean the room was, as well as how well appointed it was, in terms of the toiletries included. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and the shower flow was good and luxurious.

Breakfast ordered thru room service was excellent, with eggs cooked just right, back bacon that was not too salty and delicious fresh orange juice.

Overall, a fantastic stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting such an excellent review on Trip Advisor. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for mentioning our Front Desk Agent Danica - she is a wonderful part of our team and it's great to see her recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks.

Cathy

North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Okay, we paid more here than at other locations, but it paid off in regards to location, location, location if you plan on spending time at The Forks. We were in room 223 and I'm posting a view from our window along with a couple others. The room was very clean. The bed was too soft for me personally, but was a nice, king-sized bed. The room had huge windows with good coverings and a large bathroom. If you use makeup...the bathroom wasn't real friendly in that regard except for the fact that it had a lit, magnified mirror you could use. Otherwise the lighting wasn't the greatest. There was plenty of enclosed closet space and large and small drawers. I always gripe about our cable selections at home and the TV choices in the motel were awful. If you plan on spending time in your room I would suggest a good book, a DVD player with a good movie or two and/or your laptop. They do have WiFi service in the room. They supply a coffeemaker, an iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. There were good electrical outlets available and Canada's are the same as the US's. I thought the room was pretty quiet overall but did notice by Wednesday it was getting noisier. The Current Restaurant was currently under renovation but room service was available and there was some seating by the lobby. Also, The Original Pancake House worked with the motel in giving patrons 20% off their breakfasts. There were many eating places within easy walking distance of the motel. I had originally looked at this motel and the Upper Fort Garry Motel which turned out to be only a couple of blocks away from The Forks. If I had it to do it over I'd would possibly stay there. You might want to check out both of these and other accommodation's websites for Winnipeg at www.tourismwinnipeg.com. The staff was pretty good and one young man in particular, Kit Ho, was excellent. It was great having our vehicle parked in a secured location under cover through the motel's valet service.
The motel's shuttle service will take you to certain locations within a certain distance between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. They took us to the Museums/Planetarium but were not able to pick us up again because it was after 3:00 and that gets into rush hour. Just a note in regards to taxi rides...we used UniCity Cab Service and it cost approximately $20 each way to and from Assiniboine Park/Zoo from the Forks and $7 from the Manitoba Museum/Planetarium back to the motel.

Room Tip: When booking your room you might want to request a view of the river or the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest:

Wow - what a wonderful review - so informative! We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to review Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor.

Yes - Kit is indeed an amazing employee. Last June he was awarded the Silver Plume Award for being the BEST BELLMAN in Winnipeg. Thank you for mentioning him by name - I will be sharing this review with him and all of our staff.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed the food service that we offer. We are very excited about our restaurant renovations, due to be completed at the end of August. Thank you for noting that we still do offer all meals through room service, the lobby restaurant and our outside patio.

With regards to the television issues - was the tv not working or could you not find a certain channel you were looking for? I have attached my email if you have the time to reply to me.

Thank you for choosing Inn at the Forks and we look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Loved the hotel. Room was clean, comfy and modern. Great location in the city too! Front desk staff were friendly and welcoming.

Enjoyed the lounge bar but for some strange reason none of my party could get cell service in the lobby or lounge (several carriers, building perhaps?), which admittedly these days, is a bit of a hassle.

Breakfast was disappointing... both the food and service, but no other complaints. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

That being said, I am sorry to hear that your breakfast was a disappointment. If time permits, I would be grateful if you could e-mail me directly so I can follow up with the Restaurant Manager and Kitchen.

Thank you for choosing Inn at the Forks and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We spent 1 night there for a romantic overnight. It was a very clean property in a good location at the Forks Market and soon to open Human Rights Museum. Food in the restaurant was very enjoyable and service was excellent in all areas of the hotel. We felt the decor of the room and lobby was rather cold however that could just be due to our taste being different.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in an amazing location.

From check in (amazing staff and accomodating) to getting to my room. Had a room on the third floor with a beautiful view of the Human Rights museum.

Bottled water supplied free of charge just by asking at the front desk. In room Keruig and bathroom very nicely appointed.

Walking distance to pretty much anywhere in the city. Walked to the Exchange District, to the Legislative Building and across the river to the Cathedral. Had a wonderful visit and thanks to the hospitality of Inn At The Forks!

You cannot go wrong with staying here!

Stayed May 2014

Been to Inn at the Forks? Share your experiences!